"RRRRRRRRRRROOVANIEMI!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Rovaniemi by Fjord87

Rovaniemi Travel Guide: 361 reviews and 743 photos

.What's so special about this Rovaniemi place?.

Well first of all: I live here ;). And well, for most people it is a very exotic place.

Let's take a one-year trip to Finland. This is how you'd feel the nature:

Two white wisps of cloud. The azure-coloured sky. Yellow spots of light and dark-green shadows in the ground. Bracing zephyr. Birds, bumblebees and mosquitoes. You have a straw in your mouth and a book in front of you. You see ants walking on the yellow, old pages of your book. You start hearing children’s voices from the nearby swimming pool. Suddenly you see a leaf riding in the air. The leaf is red except for small yellow dots in the edge of the leaf. You notice, that all the leaves are hovering down towards the earth and one of them even lands on your book. Suddenly a strong breeze blows and you start feeling cold. As you rise to get an extra shirt, you notice something blue on the ground. Blueberries! You pic some up, but as you’re putting it to your mouth you notice a flake of snow on the berry. Gradually the air is full of hexagonal snowflakes. You need to get a lot of extra clothes, and when you come back outside, you see incredible aurora borealis in the sky. Time goes by and the snow starts melting. The sun comes back to the sky and every single crystal of snow reflects the sun beautifully. After a while the brown grass and wizened flowers start to blossom again.

If a year was just one day, this is how you would feel the four seasons changing.

Okey, that about the introduction. Just start checking out my stuff here and you'll start planning your trip to Rovaniemi before you notice it!

I don't want to make this starting place too long, so all the general info about Rovaniemi is gonna be on the General tips. :) Go check out there first, then start surfing the other pages. I recommend the Local Customs page! I'm updating it all the time.

• Pros:Beautiful colours all the year, relatively warm summers, real snowy winters, Santa Claus, many sport resorts, great hotels and services, organized tourism as well as the possibility to just backpacking...
  • Cons:Lousy public transportation!!
  • In a nutshell:A place to come on any time of the year with any people you want to do anything you could imagine!!!
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2004

• laveerne's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2008 at 12:58 PM

ok I think I would have a hard time going into a sauna with nothing on

• May 29, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Hi. We are from company from Estonia and we would be interested to sell in your shops our products. www.birasi.com. Our email is gera87@hot.ee

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Great tips and photos. I especially like the sauna tips. I've been to Helsinki - and I think Finland is wonderful! Best from New Jersey, Bill

• Mar 28, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Nice tips!

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Very good tips and nice photos! How is living so close to Santa Claus? :)

• Bokhari76's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2007 at 2:31 AM

Nice travel page. Happy Birthday Linda. Wish you many happy returns of the day.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2006 at 10:19 AM

Great tips of your home town! Thanks for sharing. Many similarities to my home, Alaska. Misquito is state bird, shoes are for outside. Will have to get a sauna tho. Happy Birthday!

• Fen's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2006 at 7:59 AM

Really nice and informative page on your home town. Great job here ! Greetings from England ~Fen

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2006 at 3:23 AM

You have written a very poetic and colourful page about your hometown. I particularly enjoyed the "Local custom" tips. I will certainly visit Rovaniemi when I come to Suomi!

• Jan 6, 2006 at 12:19 PM

hiya really great pages you have here...stay warm and happy would like to go finland with that beautiful nature.

Fjord87 Lives Here!

Fjord87

“'Bring me the horizon' -Captain Jack Sparrow-”

Badges & Stats in Rovaniemi

Have you been to Rovaniemi?

Latest Activity in Rovaniemi