"RRRRRRRRRRROOVANIEMI!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Rovaniemi by Fjord87
Rovaniemi Travel Guide: 326 reviews and 681 photos
Well first of all: I live here ;). And well, for most people it is a very exotic place.
Let's take a one-year trip to Finland. This is how you'd feel the nature:
Two white wisps of cloud. The azure-coloured sky. Yellow spots of light and dark-green shadows in the ground. Bracing zephyr. Birds, bumblebees and mosquitoes. You have a straw in your mouth and a book in front of you. You see ants walking on the yellow, old pages of your book. You start hearing children?s voices from the nearby swimming pool. Suddenly you see a leaf riding in the air. The leaf is red except for small yellow dots in the edge of the leaf. You notice, that all the leaves are hovering down towards the earth and one of them even lands on your book. Suddenly a strong breeze blows and you start feeling cold. As you rise to get an extra shirt, you notice something blue on the ground. Blueberries! You pic some up, but as you?re putting it to your mouth you notice a flake of snow on the berry. Gradually the air is full of hexagonal snowflakes. You need to get a lot of extra clothes, and when you come back outside, you see incredible aurora borealis in the sky. Time goes by and the snow starts melting. The sun comes back to the sky and every single crystal of snow reflects the sun beautifully. After a while the brown grass and wizened flowers start to blossom again.
If a year was just one day, this is how you would feel the four seasons changing.
Okey, that about the introduction. Just start checking out my stuff here and you'll start planning your trip to Rovaniemi before you notice it!
I don't want to make this starting place too long, so all the general info about Rovaniemi is gonna be on the General tips. :) Go check out there first, then start surfing the other pages. I recommend the Local Customs page! I'm updating it all the time.
- Pros:Beautiful colours all the year, relatively warm summers, real snowy winters, Santa Claus, many sport resorts, great hotels and services, organized tourism as well as the possibility to just backpacking...
- Cons:Lousy public transportation!!
- In a nutshell:A place to come on any time of the year with any people you want to do anything you could imagine!!!
Idea Café Kauppayhtiö has a very unique idea for a coffee house! EVERYTHING is for sale if you name a price and bargain... more travel advice
The Aurora Borealis - The Northen Lights - Revontulet I don't want to start explaining them more, you just have to see... more travel advice
- See All Cheap to travel - sleep same time
- See All Winter fashion!
- See All Another pic of Vaattunkiköngäs
- See All Useful links...
- See All Cool Finnish sauna-stuff, maybe as a...
Fjord87's Related Pages
Rovaniemi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Journey Along the Arctic Highway"
- "Anunanu's Rovaniemi Page"
- "Santa Claus Home"
- "Rovaniemi - gateway to Lapland"
- ""Winter Olympics" on the polar Circle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rovaniemi
- Hotels in Rovaniemi
- Transportation in Rovaniemi
- Nightlife in Rovaniemi
- Restaurants in Rovaniemi
- Shopping in Rovaniemi
- Warnings and Dangers in Rovaniemi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rovaniemi
- 34 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Rovaniemi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rovaniemi
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rovaniemi Intro, 34 reviews, 31 photos
- Haifa Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Fano Intro, 8 reviews, 1 photo
- Hungary Intro, 1 review, 2 photos