"Ikaria - the wild beauty" Ikaria Island by Susi_Blackforest
Ikaria Island Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 115 photos
Spending 2 weeks beginning of July in Gialiskari on the northern side of Ikaria was like a deja-vu of the first holidays in Greece in the 80's. Time slowed down and sometimes nearly stood still. This is what it's like to appreciate the good and simple life away from it all. Every day the beach looked different and there are enough beaches on the island worth visiting. The constant breeze makes sure that nobody gets too hot. The perfect island to chill out!
A hire car is essential here to get around the island, but be aware that some roads are not for the faint hearted, especially at night.
Don't expect evening entertainment, but if you like good food and a quiet drink by the sea, you won't be disappointed.
After the 2 weeks, I wished we could have stayed longer.
You can reach the Airport in Faros Ikaria by Olympic Airways from Athens and the flight time is 40 minutes. By ferry I have been told you will have to travel for 7 hours from Athens.
Visit Ikaria as long as it has still got it's charm!
We drove to Nas, but to be honest, it was very hot there and we didn't walk down the many steps that lead down to the... more travel advice
Susi_Blackforest's Related Pages
Ikaria Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IKARIA - an island in the middle of nowhere"
- "Ikaria - the wild beauty"
- "Ikaria, the best beaches in North Aegean"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ikaria Island
- Hotels in Ikaria Island
- Transportation in Ikaria Island
- Nightlife in Ikaria Island
- Restaurants in Ikaria Island
- Shopping in Ikaria Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Ikaria Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ikaria Island
- 12 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ikaria Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ikaria Island
Photos in Ikaria IslandSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skiathos Island Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ikaria Island Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Prefecture of Cefalonia Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naxos Island Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Swanage Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Pilion Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Chalkidiki Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milton Keynes Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Berlin Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos