"Long weekend at Pateley Bridge" Pateley Bridge by ZenLady34
Pateley Bridge Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 27 photos
We chose Pateley Bridge as the base for our long weekend trip to Yorkshire. Why we chose this town was simply because of the lovely cottage we found on Internet (good price/location for our purposes) and which easily accommodated five people.
We rented a car so the village was easily reached. I must say that we really enjoyed our time there. The people were open and came to have a chat and they were really helpful. The village might be challenging to reach by public transportation but with a rental car the location was good.
The village is quite near (25mins drive?) to Harrogate. We actually did day trips to the other parts of Yorkshire returning back to Pateley Bridge for the night.
If you are looking for a true English village, I guess you've found it. There are few pubs which serve excellent pub food at the village.
Pateley Bridge is logated in Nidderdale, an Area or Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). I was not able to find information of how many inhabitants there are so I would guess that only few hundreds. The village itself is tiny but has quite many choices for pubs and places to eat. My wild guess is that you will find none disco's or nightclubs in the village.
Do go and try one of the Tea Rooms in the Village. It's so English that it has to be experienced.
- Pros:Beautiful nature
- In a nutshell:As English as it can get?
We had an afternoon without any special plans so we decided to head to Tom Taylor's Cave in Nidderdale close to Pateley... more travel advice
ZenLady34's Related Pages
Pateley Bridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pateley Bridge"
- "Long weekend at Pateley Bridge"
- "Yorkshire Dales village"
- "A Sunday Bus Ride"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pateley Bridge
- Hotels in Pateley Bridge
- Transportation in Pateley Bridge
- Restaurants in Pateley Bridge
- Shopping in Pateley Bridge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pateley Bridge
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Pateley Bridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pateley Bridge
Photos in Pateley BridgeSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porvoo Intro, 29 reviews, 41 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Baie Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos
- Isola Panarea Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tianjin Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savonlinna Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Finland Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos