"Long weekend at Pateley Bridge" Pateley Bridge by ZenLady34

Pateley Bridge Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 27 photos

The base for our trip

We chose Pateley Bridge as the base for our long weekend trip to Yorkshire. Why we chose this town was simply because of the lovely cottage we found on Internet (good price/location for our purposes) and which easily accommodated five people.

We rented a car so the village was easily reached. I must say that we really enjoyed our time there. The people were open and came to have a chat and they were really helpful. The village might be challenging to reach by public transportation but with a rental car the location was good.
The village is quite near (25mins drive?) to Harrogate. We actually did day trips to the other parts of Yorkshire returning back to Pateley Bridge for the night.

If you are looking for a true English village, I guess you've found it. There are few pubs which serve excellent pub food at the village.

Pubs and Tea Rooms

Pateley Bridge is logated in Nidderdale, an Area or Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). I was not able to find information of how many inhabitants there are so I would guess that only few hundreds. The village itself is tiny but has quite many choices for pubs and places to eat. My wild guess is that you will find none disco's or nightclubs in the village.

Do go and try one of the Tea Rooms in the Village. It's so English that it has to be experienced.

• Pros:Beautiful nature
  • In a nutshell:As English as it can get?
  • Last visit to Pateley Bridge: May 2008
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2009

ZenLady34

“you will get, what you give in life...”

Badges & Stats in Pateley Bridge

Have you been to Pateley Bridge?