"Lago di Garda" Top 5 Page for this destination Limone sul Garda by ZenLady34
Limone sul Garda Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 57 photos
The very first time went to Limone was when I was ten years old. We travelled by car from Finland to Italy. It took a few days... Nowadays I take a flight to Milano, then a shuttle bus to main railway station until Desenzano (southern end of the lake) and from there a bus or a connection boat up to the northern part of the lake, where Limone is located.
It is a really great place. Especially if one likes active holidays. Unfortunately it is also a quite expensive place.
Limone is a really small village. I would say that it has around 400 inhabitants. At the tourist peak time the alleys are crowded with tourists and also the roads are full of cars.
There a beautiful items and clothes for sale. The price level is high but also the quality is good.
You may buy clothes and ceramics from market place which travels from town to town thru' the week.
I am not an expert on shopping at the area, as I never shop there except food. I tend to do sports, eat well and just enjoy the area.
Lago di Garda area is perfect for an active holiday. One can go hiking, mountain biking, windsurfing, canyoning... you name it!
The contrast of the mountains and the lake is breathtaking!
From Malcesine one can take a cable car up to the mountains (haven't done it yet) and spend some time hiking and enjoying the view up there. The paths are marked properly around the area and they have made mountain bike maps with alternative routes...
A lot of people come to the area for an active holiday. Many people from Germany come over for a long weekend and they go mountain biking, surfing, canyoning, hiking...
An excellent link. for Lago di Garda area. Look for hotels, explore activities, read about villages etc...
- Pros:good food, marvellous nature
- Cons:expensive !
- In a nutshell:Perfect for an active holiday!
I stayed at a basic double room with a bathroom. The hotel had a pool and from there is a good view to the lake. The... more travel advice
To get around Garda, probably the easiest (and coolest?) way is by "connection boat". They go from South to North and... more travel advice
ZenLady34's Related Pages
Limone sul Garda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Limone sul Garda"
- "Our last stop of the day"
- "Home of the Lemon Trees"
- "Limone Del Garda"
- "Lago di Garda"
- "Limone sul Garda, stop off for the views"
- "Limone sul Garda"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Limone sul Garda
- Hotels in Limone sul Garda
- Transportation in Limone sul Garda
- Restaurants in Limone sul Garda
- Shopping in Limone sul Garda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Limone sul Garda
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Limone sul Garda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Limone sul Garda
Photos in Limone sul GardaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porvoo Intro, 29 reviews, 41 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Baie Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos
- Isola Panarea Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tianjin Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savonlinna Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Finland Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos