"Panarea" Isola Panarea by ZenLady34
Isola Panarea Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 42 photos
I was lucky enough to spend five days in Panarea. The island is really smallish (3km x 1,5km?) and there are actually only some cars on the island and no Internet cafe!
But it was a wonderful relaxation holiday for me. Away from everything.
One has to go from Sicily, either from Milazzo or Messina port to the island. There is also a boat connection from Naples at the mainland to the island.
It was four (?) hours journey from Messina by boat to the island. But really worth it.
Just one tip before you go there: it is expensive over there. Sunlotion was 20euros, when in Sicily the price for that was around 10 euros...
There were no street lights in the evenings... but it was really a romantic island...
The taxis, yes there are few taxis, on the island looked to me like golf-cars! One of the vehicles you can see on the photo here.
This is a typical alley on the island, there are not many of those in there.
I could choose this place for my honeymoon as it is so romantic, no hassle and the sea is so warm. Also I just love the harbour of this place. Love watching the fishermen, early in the morning, coming from sea. Loved watching tourists coming and going omboard the connection boat...
- Pros:really relaxing place, no cars, warm sea water, romantic place
- Cons:expensive, no Internet cafe (for checking timetable and flight connections), no streetlights in the evenings
- In a nutshell:Lovely getAway-place within Europe
At Panarea one can really block the outside world and just enjoy the moment! My favorite "what to do", besides sun... more travel advice
This is a small family run hotel. It is located close to the sea and to the harbour and in the middle of everything. It... more travel advice
ZenLady34's Related Pages
Isola Panarea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the smallest but the smartest aeolian island..."
- "Panarea is Beautiful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isola Panarea
- Hotels in Isola Panarea
- Transportation in Isola Panarea
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isola Panarea
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Isola Panarea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isola Panarea
Photos in Isola PanareaSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porvoo Intro, 29 reviews, 41 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Baie Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos
- Isola Panarea Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tianjin Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savonlinna Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Finland Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos