"Regards from Finland!" ZenLady34's Profile

I'm glad you're here..

Travelling is my passion. I consider myself as a tourist, not a traveller but I'm a tourist who seeks local life and tries to avoid pure tourist destinations. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes not (like in life). Aiming to be a responsible tourist is important to me.

A couple of years back I was always planning for the next trip, the next destination. Therefore you could find me asking travel questions on different Forums. I did not decide the destination weeks ahead my trips, normally I decided where to go just few days before the departure.

Year 2011 besides the work I focus on studying and work 8-) . Sounds really boring but sometimes we must change our priorities. I do enjoy learning new things and meeting new people. In the past year I've found a new hobby for myself and that is photo shooting. I've found out that I like to take photos in the nature and that I need to understand more about the photo shooting techniques!

I have shared travel tips, which I've found useful on my travel pages. If nothing else, I always put a tip of the hotel I've stayed in.

I would be grateful if you would let me know if any of my tips is out of date or if there is a dead link somewhere. Rate only them if you find them useful. This way they will be more helpful for other travellers. Thanks ;-)

Life...

- Never refuse an invitation
- never Resist the unfamiliar
- never Fail to be polite
- never Outstay your welcome

Keep your mind Open and Suck in the Experience and if it hurts, you know what... it's probably worth it!

- have hopes
- have dreams
- have goals in your life

Stop searching for a Paradise as it is not some place you go to. Paradise is how you feel for a moment in your life!

Mostly from "Beached" lyrics, can't put it better myself (hurts to admit it, lol)

Remember, you will get what you will give. Therefore always treat other people as you would like to be treated yourself...simple. Yes, I believe on Karma on some level ;-)

Sustainable tourism, responsible Traveller?

Where do you stand in terms of Travelling?

Have you thought about sustainable tourism? I have...

Yup, I've learned that by making choices we can make a difference. I learned that by using local services; guides, restaurants, hotels (instead of the intl' hotel chains) and by buying local products; which are not made out of exploiding nature (coral, animal products etc) we can make a difference. I learned that I can influence on environment (people, culture and nature) with choices I make.

The choices we make influences on the well being of the travel destination, they can influence on the amount of water usage of a village, the amount of pollution can be influenced with our actions and choices...

Just think about it...

I wish you safe Travels!
Please feel free to leave a note behind you ;-) Take care!

• Intro Updated Jul 26, 2011

• beret's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I found my way back to VT one day. Odd, how the old homestead has changed.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Thanks a lot for the update about Porvoo. A pity that it has closed down. It was one of the best places I have ever visited. *winkygrin*

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2010 at 5:01 AM

Best regards from Belgrade. If you want, we can stay in touch.

• JourneyOf1's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2009 at 11:32 AM

We hope you are doing very well, and remember the help you gave us fondly. We've already made return plans to Finland, and hope we can make the buses on time and finally get to meet you :-)

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Maj -- I have your winter jumping pic at Gallery #6! Thank you so much! Regards, from Arizona, Norman :)

• Oldginger's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Hi Maj No justice! Hope you got my email this week. Take care, Mike

• laforstraveller's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Sorry you didn't make the short list. Thought yours was the most professional and inventive. Many were just annoying! Happy travels!

• Mar 4, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Hi! Did you come over from bootsnall? What a coincidence. I remember watching your video, and I think I got the link from there. Good luck to you for the contest!

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Sorry you didn't get that dream job. Saw your video, it was great. Just started creating travel videos of my own, yours was an inspiration.

• crazygal59's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2009 at 8:54 AM

I think you would do very well in "The Best Job in The World". Good luck.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
ZenLady34's Profile Photo

ZenLady34

“you will get, what you give in life...”

Location