"Regards from Finland!" ZenLady34's Profile
Travelling is my passion. I consider myself as a tourist, not a traveller but I'm a tourist who seeks local life and tries to avoid pure tourist destinations. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes not (like in life). Aiming to be a responsible tourist is important to me.
A couple of years back I was always planning for the next trip, the next destination. Therefore you could find me asking travel questions on different Forums. I did not decide the destination weeks ahead my trips, normally I decided where to go just few days before the departure.
Year 2011 besides the work I focus on studying and work 8-) . Sounds really boring but sometimes we must change our priorities. I do enjoy learning new things and meeting new people. In the past year I've found a new hobby for myself and that is photo shooting. I've found out that I like to take photos in the nature and that I need to understand more about the photo shooting techniques!
I have shared travel tips, which I've found useful on my travel pages. If nothing else, I always put a tip of the hotel I've stayed in.
I would be grateful if you would let me know if any of my tips is out of date or if there is a dead link somewhere. Rate only them if you find them useful. This way they will be more helpful for other travellers. Thanks ;-)
- Never refuse an invitation
- never Resist the unfamiliar
- never Fail to be polite
- never Outstay your welcome
Keep your mind Open and Suck in the Experience and if it hurts, you know what... it's probably worth it!
- have hopes
- have dreams
- have goals in your life
Stop searching for a Paradise as it is not some place you go to. Paradise is how you feel for a moment in your life!
Mostly from "Beached" lyrics, can't put it better myself (hurts to admit it, lol)
Remember, you will get what you will give. Therefore always treat other people as you would like to be treated yourself...simple. Yes, I believe on Karma on some level ;-)
Where do you stand in terms of Travelling?
Have you thought about sustainable tourism? I have...
Yup, I've learned that by making choices we can make a difference. I learned that by using local services; guides, restaurants, hotels (instead of the intl' hotel chains) and by buying local products; which are not made out of exploiding nature (coral, animal products etc) we can make a difference. I learned that I can influence on environment (people, culture and nature) with choices I make.
The choices we make influences on the well being of the travel destination, they can influence on the amount of water usage of a village, the amount of pollution can be influenced with our actions and choices...
Just think about it...
I wish you safe Travels!
Please feel free to leave a note behind you ;-) Take care!
Personal Pages (2)
Written Jan 15, 2009
Finland - winter: from November to mid March
Written Jun 14, 2005
Spring time: March-May
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 132 Reviews
- 261 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- updated a Porvoo Travel Page "Porvoo - Borgå"
- Wrote a Review Bed & Breakfast in the heart of... in Porvoo Hotels
- ZenLady34 and HORSCHECK are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tea Ceremony Scam"
updated their Profile Page "Regards from Finland!"
- Commented on one of HORSCHECK's Porvoo travel pages
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: AMS in two days -..."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porvoo Intro, 29 reviews, 41 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Baie Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos
- Isola Panarea Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tianjin Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savonlinna Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Finland Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos