"Autostadt Wolfsburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Wolfsburg by Gerrem
Wolfsburg Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 211 photos
Embedded in two large countrysides, the Harz to the south and the Lüneburger Heide to the northwest, Wolfsburg presents itself as a young, modern city of the 20th century. Its existence is due to the building of the Volkswagen factory. It was Juli 1st in 1938, when the 'Stadt des KdF-Wagens' was founded by decree of the Oberpräsident of Hannover. Its population was about 900 people, that were living in three townships. Because of the unequaled rise of Volkswagen until it became the worlds largest industrial enterprise and automobile company, the city, which is called 'Wolfsburg' only since 1945, was developing.
The number of residents was going up from 22,000 in 1948, 50,000 in 1958 to 85,000 in 1963. A land reform with effect from June 1st 1972, added more than 40,000 residents and an area of about 170 km². In Wolfsburg do live about 123.000 people on an area of about 203 km² today.
Name: Volkswagen Arena Inauguration: 13 December 2002 First Match: Wolfsburg-Stuttgart Capacity: 30,000 (8,000 standing... more travel advice
The restaurant Pizza AMano is a family restaurant in the finest sense of the word. Here children are invited to create... more travel advice
Gerrem's Related Pages
Wolfsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Autostadt Wolfsburg"
- "VWs and odd sights"
- "Wolfsburg, home of VW"
- "Autostadt - Volkswagen City"
- "Volkswagen HQ at Wolfsburg"
- "Knoto's new Wolfsburg Page"
- "Wolfsburg = VW ???"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wolfsburg
- Hotels in Wolfsburg
- Transportation in Wolfsburg
- Restaurants in Wolfsburg
- Shopping in Wolfsburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Wolfsburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wolfsburg
- 9 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Wolfsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wolfsburg
Photos in WolfsburgSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algarve Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hildesheim Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Grömitz Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grossarl Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Niedersachsen Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Elze Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ufa Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues