"More coming soon...." Zingst by Gerrem
Zingst Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 15 photos
The last ice age put its mark on the Baltic coast of this region, but the elements continue to shape the land to this day.
Just a few centuries ago the peninsula still was a chain of unconnected islands. But the currents of the Baltic Sea and storms linked the individual islands together, and man also did his share to close the gaps.
On "Germany's most beautiful peninsula" you find very diverse landscapes. There are fine, white sandy beaches and there are the steep banks between Ahrenshoop and Wustrow.
The vegetation on the peninsula is characterized by primeval forest on the Darss and on Zingst, but also by large salt meadows along the Prerow stream.
The largest holiday location of the region on the peninsula of the same name has managed to retain its traditional character to a large extent.
Guests find an ample choice of modern accommodation and cosy restaurants.
Delightful, well-planned hiking and cycle paths enable visitors to actively experience the natural beauty of the national park "Vorpommersche Bodden - landschaft".
With their varied bird, animal and plant kingdom the islands located off the Zingst peninsula are havens of nature conservation. One of the most important resting places of cranes in Europe offers an un - forgettable spectacle of nature in spring and autumn.
From observation towers visitors may watch the large trumpeting birds through binoculars.
On the beaches you can find masses of shells in different colours. As usual Muriel collected some kilogramms of it.... more travel advice
Every Restaurant offers fresh fish from the sea. We never have eaten so much fish in so little time... And it was always... more travel advice
Gerrem's Related Pages
Zingst Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Zingst
- 5 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Zingst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zingst
Photos in ZingstSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algarve Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hildesheim Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Grömitz Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grossarl Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Niedersachsen Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Elze Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ufa Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues