"San Luis Potosi" Estado de San Luis Potosí by Gomita
Estado de San Luis Potosí Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 357 photos
San Luis Potos? is located in the center of the Mexican Repulic, his Capital with the same name was founded in 1592, before this date the inhabitants of this territory were indigenous people who called this place "Tangamanga" that is why nowadays this word is used to name several things., in fact there is a park a neigborhood and a brand with this word. The name of the city and the state was in honor of a famous king of france San Luis IX.
Today is is a city with a of million residents, and the local economy is mostly based on commerce and industry.
This barroque building is the cathedral of San Luis located in the main square of the city, its contruction began in 1701 and ended in 1728.
You may notice that the two towers are different it is because the right tower is made of plaster and the left is made of stone.
This is the most important theater of the city, it was built in 1894 and designed by the famous architect José Noriega. The most important orchestras and artist are often presented in this theatre, if you have a chance, look at the billboard and you might be lucky to watch anything of talented artists.
Gomita's Related Pages
Estado de San Luis Potosí Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Estado de San Luis Potosí
- Hotels in Estado de San Luis Potosí
- Transportation in Estado de San Luis Potosí
- Nightlife in Estado de San Luis Potosí
- Restaurants in Estado de San Luis Potosí
- Shopping in Estado de San Luis Potosí
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de San Luis Potosí
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de San Luis Potosí
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Estado de San Luis Potosí?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de San Luis Potosí
Photos in Estado de San Luis PotosíSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico City Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Singapore 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Santa María Tonantzintla 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Acapulco 1 review, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cihuatlán 1 review, 4 photos
- Estado de Puebla 1 review, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tulum 1 review, 2 photos