"Keep smiling - you are in Gdynia" Top 5 Page for this destination Gdynia by zaffaran
Gdynia Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 174 photos
"Gdynia-my town" and "Keep smiling -you are in Gdynia" this is what's written on the boards welcoming visitors on every road leading to Gdynia.
Obviously almost everyone talking about their place says that it's special. But Gdynia really IS special. After regaining its independence in 1918 Poland dramatically nedeed a port so Gdynia, which had been a small fishermen's village was chosen as a perfect location. The town was fully designed and built in the twenties of the 20th century and the port soon became one of the biggest in Europe. Now Gdynia is a nice and friendly town with a population of more than 250000, located on the hills and surrounded by woods.
The beach is quite small and overcrowded in summer , but now looks unbeliveably empty and peaceful, doesn't it? The beach is almost in the city centre and that's why I wouldn't recommend it to sunbathing-lovers. I would rather choose distant beaches in one of the districts called Orlowo , where also perfomances of summer theatre are held in the evenings in July and August.
There are two famous Polish sailing ships- the first one is a museum now but the farther one belongs to Naval Academy whose students are obliged to complete some training in the sea.
- Pros:Very nice and friendly
- Cons:Can't see any!
Definitely the best coffee in Gdynia, but also a place where you can attend small concerts and exhibitions. Cosy... more travel advice
As Gdynia (and Sopot as well) are located on a relatively narrow strip of land situated between the sea and the woods,... more travel advice
zaffaran's Related Pages
Gdynia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keep smiling - you are in Gdynia"
- "Gdynia - exhibition of ships and Soviet feeling"
- "Ben-UK's Gdynia Page"
- "The place I live in"
- "The Polish Coastal Resorts Of Gdynia And Sopot"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gdynia
- Hotels in Gdynia
- Transportation in Gdynia
- Nightlife in Gdynia
- Restaurants in Gdynia
- Shopping in Gdynia
- Warnings and Dangers in Gdynia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gdynia
- 21 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Gdynia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gdynia
Photos in GdyniaSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Poland Intro, 31 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Romania Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos
- Lithuania Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovakia Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zakopane Intro, 19 reviews, 51 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 12 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdynia Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos
- Bieszczady Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sopot Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos