"Our Southern Neighbours" Top 5 Page for this destination Slovakia by zaffaran

Slovakia Travel Guide: 4,186 reviews and 10,798 photos

I've been to Slovakia many times and I always like the moment I return there. I've visited the north and the south and I've met friendly people and beautiful sights everywhere. Mountains are beautiful although the Tatra mountains may be a bit crowded in high season. There are also very good places to go skiing (in Nizke Tatry) and swimming in the thermal swimming pools all year round. Today I'm starting my work on my Slovakia page...

Nizke Tatry is an area where you can find places which are not touristy at all, where you may just admire the nature...

• In a nutshell:Just go there!
  • Last visit to Slovakia: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2009

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Fabulous page with brilliant photos of Slovakia. Up to now I only made it to Bratislava, Kosice and some villages in teh High Tatry. I am glad to see that there are many more places to discover.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 5:20 AM

Marvelous!Amazing castles...any elevators? ha ha ... think I would like this as much as I do Poland. Americans have so much to learn about this part of the world.

• kikalena's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 2:46 AM

Very interesting page on this little country. For sure I'll use your tips and advice if I go there again one day.What an impressive pics of the castle in Orava! Naschledano :)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2005 at 2:43 PM

Very good tip on Kremnica. Added to my future destinations :-)

zaffaran Visits Here Frequently!

zaffaran

“A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet”

Badges & Stats in Slovakia

Have you been to Slovakia?

Latest Activity in Slovakia