"Away from the Freeway, and into Algonquin!" Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park by NC_Ziggy

Algonquin Provincial Park Travel Guide: 283 reviews and 392 photos

Get Your Nature Fix-O on Route 6-O! Thanks, Jane!

My greatest thanks to my friend and most excellent VT trip advisor... The Most Friendly and Helpful CdnJane! Not only did she and Laura organize and plan the most successful VT Meeting in Toronto, but Jane also provided some very kind and thoughtful suggestions for my time spent in Canada. Thank you, City-Farm-Girl Jane! :-)

I arrived before most VT'ers I suppose as I had a couple of days of business that I was able to combine with my REAL business of attending my first VT Meeting. Most of this was conducted in the general vicinity of Toronto, but I did have one trip of greater distance to Ottawa. Upon learning of this, Jane suggested that I may want to take a more leisurely drive back from Ottawa to Toronto. I appreciated the suggestion and appreciated it even more after the experience! As with most of my travels and tips, the common ingredient that seems to be missing is a lack of time to fully explore and enjoy the places I've been... And so too with this backroad drive through farm country, hills, and terrific scenery. Even a cloudy day couldn't dampen the beauty and serenity of this place!

These tips are not so complete in their description, but they may perhaps be just enough to entice you to visit this place and spend the time that I could not... Then, I can read and enjoy your tips about Algonquin Provincial Park! Come Along!

• Pros:Nature, Nature, Nature!
  • Cons:Not enough time for Nature, Nature, Nature!
  • In a nutshell:I can easily see how people could get addicted to the charms of the Outdoors here!
  • Last visit to Algonquin Provincial Park: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 22, 2005

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2006 at 2:45 AM

enjoyed your page - we spent a few days here and loved it

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2005 at 5:25 PM

Hi Steve, hope you're better! Nice shots of Algonquin Park, my cousin used to be a park warden there ~ Helen

• Small_World's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2005 at 6:59 PM

Hi Steve! I've been meaning to write you...and I will soon. Promise! Enjoying your new pages. Hope you are well.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2005 at 4:30 AM

Glad that you enjoyed the alternative route back from Ottawa. Thought of you this past weekend when we drove up to the park, but the colours were past their peak. And see, you did see some animals!

NC_Ziggy

“Dancing Madly Backwards on a Sea of Air”

Badges & Stats in Algonquin Provincial Park

Have you been to Algonquin Provincial Park?

Latest Activity in Algonquin Provincial Park