"Away from the Freeway, and into Algonquin!" Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park by NC_Ziggy
Algonquin Provincial Park Travel Guide: 283 reviews and 392 photos
My greatest thanks to my friend and most excellent VT trip advisor... The Most Friendly and Helpful CdnJane! Not only did she and Laura organize and plan the most successful VT Meeting in Toronto, but Jane also provided some very kind and thoughtful suggestions for my time spent in Canada. Thank you, City-Farm-Girl Jane! :-)
I arrived before most VT'ers I suppose as I had a couple of days of business that I was able to combine with my REAL business of attending my first VT Meeting. Most of this was conducted in the general vicinity of Toronto, but I did have one trip of greater distance to Ottawa. Upon learning of this, Jane suggested that I may want to take a more leisurely drive back from Ottawa to Toronto. I appreciated the suggestion and appreciated it even more after the experience! As with most of my travels and tips, the common ingredient that seems to be missing is a lack of time to fully explore and enjoy the places I've been... And so too with this backroad drive through farm country, hills, and terrific scenery. Even a cloudy day couldn't dampen the beauty and serenity of this place!
These tips are not so complete in their description, but they may perhaps be just enough to entice you to visit this place and spend the time that I could not... Then, I can read and enjoy your tips about Algonquin Provincial Park! Come Along!
- Pros:Nature, Nature, Nature!
- Cons:Not enough time for Nature, Nature, Nature!
- In a nutshell:I can easily see how people could get addicted to the charms of the Outdoors here!
Ok, this is my final tip for Algonquin Park... Is that a sigh of relief I hear? It's ok... I don't blame you in the... more travel advice
The colors in the park were much more pronounced in the Western end as opposed to the Eastern gate. Not sure why...... more travel advice
NC_Ziggy's Related Pages
Algonquin Provincial Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wow, Algonquin Provincial Park! So beautiful!"
- "An Algonquin Teamwork Blueprint"
- "Algonquin...A Paradise...for Moose"
- "True Canadian Adventure"
- "Away from the Freeway, and into Algonquin!"
- "Algonquin Provincial Park"
- "Algonquin park."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Hotels in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Transportation in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Nightlife in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Restaurants in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Shopping in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Algonquin Provincial Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Algonquin Provincial Park
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Algonquin Provincial Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Algonquin Provincial Park
Photos in Algonquin Provincial ParkSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 47 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hickory Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nags Head Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manteo Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ottawa Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Irvine Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Davenport Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (72)
Latest Algonquin Provincial Park hotel reviews
- Arowhon Pines
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Bartlett Lodge
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- Adventure Lodge
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Algonquin Backpackers Hostel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Mew Lake Campground
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 19, 2013
- Wolf Den Bunkhouse 'n Cabins
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013