"Nags Head... Who Knew?" Top 5 Page for this destination Nags Head by NC_Ziggy

Nags Head Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 193 photos

Good Morning, Nags Head!

Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame! Shame on Me!

I was born and raised and lived in the state of North Carolina all of my life, except for two years in the Army courtesy of our government. Though we study the history of our state in the sixth grade, I had never ventured to what seemed the far reaches of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I'm not sure why. Travel to the "beach" always meant a trip to Myrtle Beach during the week of the 4th of July and our family repeated this trip for many years with fondest memories. Later, we discovered the less commercial and pristine beauty of Topsail Island with many shells and shark's teeth to find. In the past few years, I haven't been to the "beach" anywhere and always miss it. I've always loved the beach and ocean, never having tired of it, never ready to leave when it was time to return home.

And so, what a joy and pleasure to travel to Nags Head and the Outer Banks! So full of history, very scenic, and a world away from work! I hope you will enjoy these simple pages and they will give you a feeling of a place that you may, nay... should visit sometime! Come with me as we visit the Outer Banks of North Carolina...

Home At Last!

If you visit my Ocracoke and Hatteras pages, you will learn of the journey to arrive at Nags Head. It used to be that a trip here was 7 or 8 hours drive from my home in Hickory, but with improved highways with multi-lanes most of the way, the trip can be made in about 6 hours. Not to be repetitive, but it is worth the drive!

This is the house where we stayed and it was a great place! I will detail the house and provide more information in both the Accomodation and Travelogue Pages that follow. Please allow me to say that if you consider a trip here, you really should consider a stay at this place depending on the number of persons in your party. We were twelve and there were roll-away beds that could have entertained more. Find out more in the following pages!

Not So Big, but Big Enough! Shame on You! ;-)

The pool area was a great addition for several reasons... It was a bit small and not suitable for diving as at the deepest part was only about 5 feet in depth, but it was great for relaxing and especially enjoyed by the kids, both big & small! You will later learn why the pool was so important and made the visit much more enjoyable!

• Pros:Great Place, Great Food, Great Family... Just Great!
  • Cons:Non, Cons!
  • In a nutshell:I Wish I had come here sooner... I will Again!
  • Last visit to Nags Head: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 5, 2005

• Feb 23, 2009 at 9:44 AM

We waited for an hour only to sit down and wait 20 min for our waiter to come. The food was cold, they never brought our appetizers and the waitress was AFWUl. the food is not good, the service is even worse, and the prices sucked as well.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2007 at 11:34 PM

The beach and lovely sunshine, what more can we ask for ;-)

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2006 at 4:28 AM

Sunsets and the sea....I'm a real sucker for them. Looks a nice place to relax.

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2006 at 7:13 AM

Driving through a little New Jersey snow last week, but maybe just maybe, spring has finally arrived!

• Mar 31, 2006 at 9:15 AM

going to Nag's head on Saturday night at 10 pm, any recommendatons, got north carolina some how online, like is there a cool pub with some good ale and any babes and dancing madly backwards, dancing on a sea of air....ala Captain Beyond?

• shohman's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 8:06 AM

the plan: pints galore :)

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2006 at 9:21 AM

We've often thought about visiting Nag's Head, but we've never had the pleasure...it looks so nice!

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2005 at 8:49 AM

Always a pleasure to see your Outer Bank Pages. NC Coastline is a national treasure.

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2005 at 4:33 AM

i lked the whole link of islands on n carolina coast. a milder climate than florida

• Larnie's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2005 at 4:50 PM

Much nicer than our Nag's Head here in Sydney! Although the one I am talking about is a pub and I must say....it is pretty nice!!! :)

NC_Ziggy

“Dancing Madly Backwards on a Sea of Air”

Badges & Stats in Nags Head

Have you been to Nags Head?

Latest Activity in Nags Head