"Nags Head... Who Knew?" Top 5 Page for this destination Nags Head by NC_Ziggy
Nags Head Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 193 photos
Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame! Shame on Me!
I was born and raised and lived in the state of North Carolina all of my life, except for two years in the Army courtesy of our government. Though we study the history of our state in the sixth grade, I had never ventured to what seemed the far reaches of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I'm not sure why. Travel to the "beach" always meant a trip to Myrtle Beach during the week of the 4th of July and our family repeated this trip for many years with fondest memories. Later, we discovered the less commercial and pristine beauty of Topsail Island with many shells and shark's teeth to find. In the past few years, I haven't been to the "beach" anywhere and always miss it. I've always loved the beach and ocean, never having tired of it, never ready to leave when it was time to return home.
And so, what a joy and pleasure to travel to Nags Head and the Outer Banks! So full of history, very scenic, and a world away from work! I hope you will enjoy these simple pages and they will give you a feeling of a place that you may, nay... should visit sometime! Come with me as we visit the Outer Banks of North Carolina...
If you visit my Ocracoke and Hatteras pages, you will learn of the journey to arrive at Nags Head. It used to be that a trip here was 7 or 8 hours drive from my home in Hickory, but with improved highways with multi-lanes most of the way, the trip can be made in about 6 hours. Not to be repetitive, but it is worth the drive!
This is the house where we stayed and it was a great place! I will detail the house and provide more information in both the Accomodation and Travelogue Pages that follow. Please allow me to say that if you consider a trip here, you really should consider a stay at this place depending on the number of persons in your party. We were twelve and there were roll-away beds that could have entertained more. Find out more in the following pages!
The pool area was a great addition for several reasons... It was a bit small and not suitable for diving as at the deepest part was only about 5 feet in depth, but it was great for relaxing and especially enjoyed by the kids, both big & small! You will later learn why the pool was so important and made the visit much more enjoyable!
- Pros:Great Place, Great Food, Great Family... Just Great!
- Cons:Non, Cons!
- In a nutshell:I Wish I had come here sooner... I will Again!
Call me a hopeless romantic, but when I see a sunset such as this or a sparkling sunrise, I feel it is meant to shared... more travel advice
I must say that this is the first time I've ever been to the beach in June without swimming in the ocean. There's a good... more travel advice
NC_Ziggy's Related Pages
Nags Head Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "b1bob goes to Nags Head, NC"
- "Welcome to Nags Head"
- "Quintessential Outer Banks"
- "Nags Head... Who Knew?"
- "Nags Head, NC"
- "The Outer Banks"
- "I'd move here in a heartbeat!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nags Head
- Hotels in Nags Head
- Transportation in Nags Head
- Nightlife in Nags Head
- Restaurants in Nags Head
- Shopping in Nags Head
- Warnings and Dangers in Nags Head
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nags Head
- 10 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Nags Head?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nags Head
Photos in Nags HeadSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 47 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hickory Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nags Head Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manteo Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ottawa Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Irvine Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Davenport Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues