""My Hometown"... Bruce Springteen" Top 5 Page for this destination Hickory by NC_Ziggy

Hickory Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 186 photos

Will Be Posted Soon! Words Spoken a Year Ago!

For now, this is a place to post my Rambling Ravings, Thoughts of the Day, and various pictures that I am pleased to share. I have so very very enjoyed my digital camera and perhaps will use it to build a "real" page of my hometown Hickory, North Carolina someday! Bear with me, please until that day arrives! Or, give me grief and make me do it! The choice is yours to make... :-)

Colors on a Downtown Street

Until I get time (or take time) to make a true Hickory page, I will try to share with you some visuals of the town I call home. I will not try to go into great detail here but will save that for a really, really intensive portrayal of my hometown... Don't hold your breath! :-) Hopefully, you will simply enjoy some of the sights and I DO PROMISE to create some meaningful pages somehow, someday... soon!

Ice on a Slippery Slope...

Hickory is a good place for many reasons, but perhaps the best is the distinct change of seasons. We have a warm, sunny Spring... Hot, humid Summers, glowing and colorful Autumns, and spectacular icy Winter days! All combine to provide a landscape of variety and enjoyment for ALL Seasons!

• Pros:It's Home, and a Good One at That!
  • Cons:I both welcome & struggle with the growth & changes...
  • In a nutshell:As I was born here, I don't see it but many come to visit & find a place to call home!
  • Intro Updated Apr 8, 2006

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Fingers cross you get your man tonight!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2008 at 7:13 AM

Great to see these old pics from the Museum - esp Louis at Giza and Monets garden where Ive been a few times!all the best.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 4:54 AM

enjoyed your thoughts of the day and HP

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2007 at 6:13 AM

I'm bending time to get back to you. Know that. Broke arse car not withstanding!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2007 at 4:48 AM

Hickory Chips from your area ? ;-)))

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Hi, Steve! Thanks for your kind words. I certainly wouldn't call your pages "meager," though... Take care, Mark

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2006 at 9:39 AM

Steve - Happy Birthday! Warm greetings from the not so warm north!

• Dec 30, 2005 at 11:55 PM

Hello! I loved your ods & ends...bits & pieces...it was a great page that made me laugh. Keep up the photography...if you don't turn into a professional then at least you had fun!!! Have a wonderful New Year's!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2005 at 11:16 AM

Sounds like Patty has a devil dog ;-) No furry presents for me, I'm afraid, the current cats and dog took a vote and it was a resounding NO!!!!!

• peerapa's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 8:28 AM

Sawasdee ka Steve...I'd like to wish you...a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...All the best in the coming year (^__^)....TazMaynia a.k.a. May

NC_Ziggy Lives Here!

NC_Ziggy

“Dancing Madly Backwards on a Sea of Air”

Badges & Stats in Hickory

Have you been to Hickory?

Latest Activity in Hickory