"The Sunshine City!" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg by NC_Ziggy
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide: 318 reviews and 747 photos
Greetings from the Sunshine State! Special Greetings from the friendly confines of St. Petersburg! No, not that one... THIS one... St. Petersburg, Florida, the Sunshine City! Although this city is the 4th largest in the state of Florida, it is perhaps over-shadowed by its larger and better known neighbor, Tampa- just to the north connected in minutes by the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. Perhaps that is because Tampa has the larger airport but that only makes a visit to St. Pete much easier! Good for You!
St. Petersburg, though a commercial center, maintains a simple charm and feel of a small town while providing all the amenities that you could want from great hotels, museums, dining, sports and family activities! My visit was all too brief as I was there on business, but St. Pete left a lasting impression and calls me back again... I hope to answer her call, and so should you!
St. Petersburg was first home to the Timucuan tribe of native Americans who were visited in the 16th century by Spanish explorers. Finding no gold or riches, it was left virtually untouched until the 19th century when farmers settled there. Its name was chosen by a native Russian speculator, Peter Demens, who was born in the other and slightly colder St. Petersburg. :-) Today, the warmer St. Petersburg provides an ultimate destination on Florida's gulf coast known for its friendly atmosphere and sunny climate. See Below!
St. Petersburg holds the Guinness Book of World Records title for the greatest number of consecutive sunny days... 768! Looking for sun? I think you just found your place! Add to that a climate where average temperatures range in the 70's (21C) for six months of the year to 80's (26C) in three and 90's (32C) in the three summer months with comfortable low temperatures throughout the year! Interested yet? Care for a peek? Here's the livecam look at St. Petersburg! LiveCam!
As mentioned, my visit here was all too brief, but another reason for posting this page was a memorable stay with a dear friend and former co-worker who happened to grow up in this place, returned to purchase her former home, and transform it into the only AAA Four Diamond Bed & Breakfast facility on Florida's Gulf Coast! Please visit the Hotel Tips for an amazing place to stay, enjoy the hospitality of St. Petersburg and the even more amazing hospitality of Martha & Bob Bruce, Inn-keepers of the Sunset Bay Inn!
A footnote on these pages... The pictures displayed are not my own as I did not have the time or opportunity to take them, though I did have some time to drive about and walk around the city... All are borrowed from the official website of the City of St. Petersburg and the Sunset Bay Inn. I should mention that no copyrights were evident or mentioned for any of the photos used. The website for the City of St. Petersburg is Official Website for the City of St. Petersburg
Exterior view of the Sunset Bay Inn.... Look forward to seeing and experiencing it in person for a most memorable... more travel advice
If you are the sociable sort and enjoy a fine accomodation with a memorable meeting of fine people, then you must... more travel advice
NC_Ziggy's Related Pages
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "saint petersburg, florida"
- "St Petersburg and Pinellas County"
- "The Sunshine City!"
- "St Pete - Tampa's Sister City"
- "FLORIDA is fun in the sun."
- "The Sunshine City in The Sunshine State"
- "God's Waiting Room:"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Petersburg
- Hotels in Saint Petersburg
- Transportation in Saint Petersburg
- Nightlife in Saint Petersburg
- Restaurants in Saint Petersburg
- Shopping in Saint Petersburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Petersburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg
Photos in Saint PetersburgSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 47 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hickory Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nags Head Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manteo Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ottawa Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Irvine Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Davenport Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues