"HansiLori Fest Tour Graces St. Augustine!" Saint Augustine by NC_Ziggy

Saint Augustine Travel Guide: 715 reviews and 1,953 photos

442 Years Can't Be Wrong- St. Augustine, Baby!

The last time I was in this beautiful historic city I was 7 years old... Though it wasn't quite 442 years ago, some days it feels like it! A few days in St. Augustine will erase many years as if the Fountain of Youth was here or somethin'... Ok, Katmo, your secret is finally revealed! And many thanks to you and your Brother Shoman for a most successful and eventful visit to a most memorable city!

Well, this weekend was dedicated to the "youngest" couple on VT... Yes, Ladies & Gentlemen, the one and only Hansi and Lori! Everyone's friends, everyone's role models, everyone's favorite VT'ers! And a fine group of VT people assembled to give tribute to our dearest friends and be treated to some warm St. Augustine hospitality!

St. Augustine Welcomes You!

St. Augustine Welcomes You! Just you be careful that you don't try to "take her" because it ain't gonna' happen! The fort Castillo de San Marcos has made sure since its construction in 1672 and it stands tall still! This remarkable fortress was often attacked but never taken by force... only a treaty changed the possession from Spanish to English rule. A site not to be missed during any visit to St. Augustine!

HansiLori Fest Admirers

Just in case you haven't gotten it yet, a VT Meeting is wherever two or more VT'ers come together! Of this my third VT Meet, this was the smallest and there IS something to be said that less can sometimes be more... Still, no matter how many or few participants, there never seems to be quite enough time to spend with all in attendance and I suppose that may be what keeps us coming back, da?

The tips presented afterwards will be purely about St. Augustine, but please allow me to say here that Hansi and Lori are two of the greatest ambassadors that VT could hope to have. Surely, they must do as much or more than any advertising to promote VT and really should be compensated for it or at least comp'ed on some trips! But knowing them as I do, I'm sure if VT didn't exist they would still find some way to bring their warmth and friendship to whomever they encountered, and that's just one of the many reasons we love them!

• Pros:Old, Laid Back and yet something for everyone
  • Cons:I didn't look for any and none found me either!
  • In a nutshell:The oldest city in the U.S. and still going strong!
  • Last visit to Saint Augustine: Jan 2007
  • Intro Written Jan 9, 2007

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2008 at 3:16 PM

ooh.. hot buns! =)

• Jun 13, 2007 at 8:32 AM

Nice photos! Why I have I not seen these before??? :)

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Interesting and informative insight

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 5:45 PM

Hi Steve ,great to say you on line Tell me you are watching th e football game right I got the TV on but I am not really watching the game I hope all your Animals are keeping warm ,this is extremely cold weather Steve Brrrrr I hate it take care

• terps94's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 5:15 PM

Cool pics of the festivities. No worries about calling me Erwin, hehe

• Mehmet1234's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2007 at 3:36 PM

Also great intoduction about St.Augustine and well said about hansi and lori too :) I am lucky to live around st augustine

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Dave's sharing of shampoo... was just generous and timely. God Bless America and our shampoo heritage. I can't WAIT to go to San Antonio, ahem!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Was the Jungle Room anything like the one in Graceland? ;-) Looks like y'all had a good time!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2007 at 5:16 PM

St Augustine has always struck me as an oasis in a desert. One of the few places in Fla. that doesn't bore me. Oops! How many people did I aggravate with that one?

• Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Yes, at Hilldale I think...Maybe soon, maybe YOU can talk Dabs into having a meet in Chicago...Sept 21-23. Give it a try.

NC_Ziggy

“Dancing Madly Backwards on a Sea of Air”

Badges & Stats in Saint Augustine

Have you been to Saint Augustine?

Latest Activity in Saint Augustine