"HansiLori Fest Tour Graces St. Augustine!" Saint Augustine by NC_Ziggy
Saint Augustine Travel Guide: 715 reviews and 1,953 photos
The last time I was in this beautiful historic city I was 7 years old... Though it wasn't quite 442 years ago, some days it feels like it! A few days in St. Augustine will erase many years as if the Fountain of Youth was here or somethin'... Ok, Katmo, your secret is finally revealed! And many thanks to you and your Brother Shoman for a most successful and eventful visit to a most memorable city!
Well, this weekend was dedicated to the "youngest" couple on VT... Yes, Ladies & Gentlemen, the one and only Hansi and Lori! Everyone's friends, everyone's role models, everyone's favorite VT'ers! And a fine group of VT people assembled to give tribute to our dearest friends and be treated to some warm St. Augustine hospitality!
St. Augustine Welcomes You! Just you be careful that you don't try to "take her" because it ain't gonna' happen! The fort Castillo de San Marcos has made sure since its construction in 1672 and it stands tall still! This remarkable fortress was often attacked but never taken by force... only a treaty changed the possession from Spanish to English rule. A site not to be missed during any visit to St. Augustine!
Just in case you haven't gotten it yet, a VT Meeting is wherever two or more VT'ers come together! Of this my third VT Meet, this was the smallest and there IS something to be said that less can sometimes be more... Still, no matter how many or few participants, there never seems to be quite enough time to spend with all in attendance and I suppose that may be what keeps us coming back, da?
The tips presented afterwards will be purely about St. Augustine, but please allow me to say here that Hansi and Lori are two of the greatest ambassadors that VT could hope to have. Surely, they must do as much or more than any advertising to promote VT and really should be compensated for it or at least comp'ed on some trips! But knowing them as I do, I'm sure if VT didn't exist they would still find some way to bring their warmth and friendship to whomever they encountered, and that's just one of the many reasons we love them!
- Pros:Old, Laid Back and yet something for everyone
- Cons:I didn't look for any and none found me either!
- In a nutshell:The oldest city in the U.S. and still going strong!
Great Place! The atmosphere is really cool here and the food is hot! Hot like, really good! Everyone at our table seemed... more travel advice
The downtown area of St. Augustine reminds me distinctly of New Orleans with a similar style of buildings and many... more travel advice
NC_Ziggy's Related Pages
Saint Augustine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint Augustine"
- "St Augustine"
- "Oldest US City"
- "saint augustine"
- "My Favorite thing about Florida.. St. Augustine!"
- "St. Augustine - The First Coast"
- "History Far Back in Time"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Augustine
- Hotels in Saint Augustine
- Transportation in Saint Augustine
- Nightlife in Saint Augustine
- Restaurants in Saint Augustine
- Shopping in Saint Augustine
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Augustine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Augustine
- 7 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Saint Augustine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Augustine
Photos in Saint AugustineSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 47 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hickory Intro, 3 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nags Head Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manteo Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ottawa Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Irvine Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Davenport Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues