"Hong Kong" Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong by dejavu2gb
Hong Kong Travel Guide: 8,634 reviews and 21,087 photos
Since I was a little boy, and got interested in travelling and other countries, it was a dream of mine to visit Hong Kong, so many many years later in April of 2004 my dream became reality when I was fortunate enough to find a great deal to visit Hong Kong.
From the moment I arrived and got to streetlevel at Mong Kok station in Kowloon I knew I was going to love Hong Kong, and I was right I instantly fell in love with it.
You only need to walk down the street to soak up the amazing atmosphere and get an amazing buzz.
I would have to say that of all the places of I have been to, Hong Kong is my favourite, and I cannot wait to go back.
Then in March 2005 I was again very lucky to be able to visit one of my favourite cities.
In my opinion Hong Kong has the most impressive and beautiful skyline in the world.
If you stand by the water on Kowloon and look over the harbour you will know what I mean, its absolutely breathtaking, and I can just sit there and stare for hours at how impressive it all is.
There are many things about Hong Kong that is totally amazing. For instance it's one of the cleanest cities I have ever been to, its literally devoid of litter. Then the fact that it has such an electric atmosphere, with so much to see, from the old temples to modern skyscrapers.
So hereby I present my Hong Kong page, I do hope you enjoy all my pictures and you find my tips very helpful.
Ok, ok some might say I am taking this a little too far... but if you like somewhere, why not go back there. In May 2007 I went back to Hong Kong for my 3rd time. It had been 18 months since my last visit and I wanted to go back, so I booked and off we go!!
This was the longest trip over, and still not long enough as there was still so much we did not get to see. We also again visited Macau on this trip and did a daytrip to Shenzhen, China which was amazing.
4th time around.... After my trip in May 2007 we booked a trip to Thailand... and, what luck when the cheapest flight was via HONG KONG... oh yeah... so another trip to Hong Kong was made on November 2007... oh the joy... I have never been happier to return...
Following this trip... returns have been every year returning in 2008, 2009, 2010, so this was trip number 7. Sadly no trips in 2011 due to my dad passing away and me needing to go back to South Africa, but to make up for it, I am planning a double in 2012!! :)
Okay... thats my intro done...Enjoy the tips, and if you have any questions, let me know, I am happy to advise.
- Pros:Loads and loads to see and do, you always have a great view no matter where you are.
- Cons:Can get little hot during summetime, but then HK is very well equipped for the weather, and practically all over has airconditioning.
- In a nutshell:Without a doubt the most exciting and fascinating place I have ever visited in my life!!!
If you mode of travel into Hong Kong is by flight you will most definitely be flying into the fabulous Chek Lap Kok... more travel advice
Whilst booking this Hotel I was looking at pics of this hotel and it all seemed very familiar except for the name,... more travel advice
- See All A lovely little hangout
- See All Nathan Road
- See All Signs... all over
- See All Lantau Island
Written May 9, 2005
Just some extra pics of Hong Kong
Written Jan 20, 2006
More Hong Kong Pictures
dejavu2gb's Related Pages
Hong Kong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Jewels of Hong Kong"
- "Welcome to my favourite city in the world"
- "Hong Kong: City of Life with Endless Motions!"
- "Keeweechic's Hong Kong SAR"
- "Hong Kong"
- "Hong Kong"
- "Hong Kong"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hong Kong
- Hotels in Hong Kong
- Transportation in Hong Kong
- Nightlife in Hong Kong
- Restaurants in Hong Kong
- Shopping in Hong Kong
- Warnings and Dangers in Hong Kong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hong Kong
- 53 Reviews
- 150 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Hong Kong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hong Kong
Photos in Hong KongSee All Photos (150)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 53 reviews, 157 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Graz Intro, 28 reviews, 111 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 92 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 68 photos
- Budapest Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos
- Johannesburg Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reading Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos