"Hong Kong" Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong by dejavu2gb

Hong Kong Travel Guide: 8,560 reviews and 20,866 photos

A truly fascinating place

Since I was a little boy, and got interested in travelling and other countries, it was a dream of mine to visit Hong Kong, so many many years later in April of 2004 my dream became reality when I was fortunate enough to find a great deal to visit Hong Kong.
From the moment I arrived and got to streetlevel at Mong Kok station in Kowloon I knew I was going to love Hong Kong, and I was right I instantly fell in love with it.
You only need to walk down the street to soak up the amazing atmosphere and get an amazing buzz.
I would have to say that of all the places of I have been to, Hong Kong is my favourite, and I cannot wait to go back.

Second Time Round

Then in March 2005 I was again very lucky to be able to visit one of my favourite cities.
In my opinion Hong Kong has the most impressive and beautiful skyline in the world.
If you stand by the water on Kowloon and look over the harbour you will know what I mean, its absolutely breathtaking, and I can just sit there and stare for hours at how impressive it all is.
There are many things about Hong Kong that is totally amazing. For instance it's one of the cleanest cities I have ever been to, its literally devoid of litter. Then the fact that it has such an electric atmosphere, with so much to see, from the old temples to modern skyscrapers.

So hereby I present my Hong Kong page, I do hope you enjoy all my pictures and you find my tips very helpful.

3rd Time Round

Ok, ok some might say I am taking this a little too far... but if you like somewhere, why not go back there. In May 2007 I went back to Hong Kong for my 3rd time. It had been 18 months since my last visit and I wanted to go back, so I booked and off we go!!
This was the longest trip over, and still not long enough as there was still so much we did not get to see. We also again visited Macau on this trip and did a daytrip to Shenzhen, China which was amazing.

4th time around.... After my trip in May 2007 we booked a trip to Thailand... and, what luck when the cheapest flight was via HONG KONG... oh yeah... so another trip to Hong Kong was made on November 2007... oh the joy... I have never been happier to return...

Following this trip... returns have been every year returning in 2008, 2009, 2010, so this was trip number 7. Sadly no trips in 2011 due to my dad passing away and me needing to go back to South Africa, but to make up for it, I am planning a double in 2012!! :)

Okay... thats my intro done...Enjoy the tips, and if you have any questions, let me know, I am happy to advise.

G

• Pros:Loads and loads to see and do, you always have a great view no matter where you are.
  • Cons:Can get little hot during summetime, but then HK is very well equipped for the weather, and practically all over has airconditioning.
  • In a nutshell:Without a doubt the most exciting and fascinating place I have ever visited in my life!!!
  • Last visit to Hong Kong: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 4, 2011

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Hey there! We are back from a fabulous 4 weeks gallivanting around Germany and Scotland :-) I've been to your HK page, hoping to get you back into the top 5 my dear! Hope you're well / Jess :-)

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Fabulous page, you've got Hong Kong covered!

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2009 at 4:27 AM

We are going to be at HK airport for 6HOURS!!! -- hope we can get out of the airport building for a few of them - on our way to Phuket (again)

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2008 at 1:04 PM

A great HK page! Jy het my nuuskurig gemaak, so moet gaan. Very nice tips and pics, sien jou Desember in Doha :-)

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2008 at 5:02 AM

Very good page -- it is obvious that you put a lot work in to create it. Cheers from New Jersey, Bill

• Yashodara80's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2008 at 3:29 AM

I came back from HK today... and already miss it! I completely agree with you: great place! I'll do my personal HK page when I have time... :)

• ChrisVJ's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2007 at 6:51 AM

I heard a report on the BBC a few weeks ago that the Star Ferry pier in Kowloon has been trashed. Is this true? Has the ferry also been trashed, or does it leave from some other place?

• May 27, 2007 at 7:15 AM

You are so lucky you can say you "visit here frequently"!! :D Hugs from Italy, Francesca

• Feb 20, 2007 at 10:29 AM

thank you for showing your pic, was there oct 2006, and my pic didn't come out

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 5:59 AM

Always thought it would be great to have a pair of shoes custom made in HOng Kong. Didn't have enough time there. Loved the "boat people". You captured the plethora of signs beautifully. The density is definately overwhelming.

dejavu2gb Visits Here Frequently!

dejavu2gb

“So many pages in my passport that need loads of stamps on em!”

Badges & Stats in Hong Kong

Have you been to Hong Kong?

Latest Activity in Hong Kong