"GRAZ" Top 5 Page for this destination Graz by dejavu2gb

Graz Travel Guide: 562 reviews and 1,463 photos

I paid a visit to Austria's Second City, Graz in the Winter of 2006, and what I saw was something that I never expeced. Voted as the city of Culture for 2003, I knew I was in for something remarkable.

We arrived at the whole city was covered in a blanket of snow, and being originally from Africa, this was just pure and utter heaven for me.
I could not stop taking pictures, as everything was covered in snow, making picture perfect opportunities.

Graz, is a very compact city, and we found that everything was withing walking distance, and we selcomly needed to make use of the very effective public transportation system.

Its a perfect place to spend a few days walking the streets and having a look at all the gorgeous buildings and attractions the city has on offer.

The Schlossberg graces the city, which is a almost like very large hill in the middle of the city, just totally unique, and unlike something ever seen before.
The views from the top are stunning, as as we went during winter it was all snowy at the top, and the parks in the area are just absolutely gorgeous, snow covered paths, trees and benches, ensured my camera was snapping all the time.

• Pros:Very compact with so much to see and do, you will never get bored
  • Cons:As we went during winter it was little cold, but as I love cold weather that did not matter to me.
  • In a nutshell:Gorgeous!
  • Last visit to Graz: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2006

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I hope to visit Graz one day.

Ciao!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2007 at 1:31 AM

Seems like you had a great time in Graz. Thanks for sharing ;-)

• Misstyria's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2006 at 8:21 AM

Hiya, I like your winter in Graz visit! A lovely city with much flair....... and just 50 miles South from where I am from ;-)

• orlikins's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 2:25 AM

I used to live here, my apartment was right behind the Schlossberg. it is a very charming little city.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2006 at 6:42 AM

Landhaus Keller looks yummy! I also would opt to stay in Hotel Daniel too, looks very funky :) Lovely page Gareth, REALLY good work x

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2006 at 3:24 PM

Nice Graz page, think we stayed in that hotel as well. The city looks great in the snow.

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2006 at 4:01 AM

Very interesting page!!! Have a nice trip! Ciao

dejavu2gb

“So many pages in my passport that need loads of stamps on em!”

Badges & Stats in Graz