"GRAZ" Top 5 Page for this destination Graz by dejavu2gb
Graz Travel Guide: 577 reviews and 1,524 photos
I paid a visit to Austria's Second City, Graz in the Winter of 2006, and what I saw was something that I never expeced. Voted as the city of Culture for 2003, I knew I was in for something remarkable.
We arrived at the whole city was covered in a blanket of snow, and being originally from Africa, this was just pure and utter heaven for me.
I could not stop taking pictures, as everything was covered in snow, making picture perfect opportunities.
Graz, is a very compact city, and we found that everything was withing walking distance, and we selcomly needed to make use of the very effective public transportation system.
Its a perfect place to spend a few days walking the streets and having a look at all the gorgeous buildings and attractions the city has on offer.
The Schlossberg graces the city, which is a almost like very large hill in the middle of the city, just totally unique, and unlike something ever seen before.
The views from the top are stunning, as as we went during winter it was all snowy at the top, and the parks in the area are just absolutely gorgeous, snow covered paths, trees and benches, ensured my camera was snapping all the time.
- Pros:Very compact with so much to see and do, you will never get bored
- Cons:As we went during winter it was little cold, but as I love cold weather that did not matter to me.
- In a nutshell:Gorgeous!
The Cathedral was built as a court church between 1438 and 1464 under the order of Emperor Frederick III. The adjacent... more travel advice
Around 1587, the Schlossberghauptmannshaus (House of the Captain of the Castle) was built in the moat. The vast vaults... more travel advice
dejavu2gb's Related Pages
Graz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Graz & A.Schwarzenegger's favorite Icecream"
- "Graz - World Heritage and Cultural Capital"
- "Graz: 2003 European Cultural Capital and More"
- "Graz - one & only! :)"
- "Arnie's Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Graz
- Hotels in Graz
- Transportation in Graz
- Nightlife in Graz
- Restaurants in Graz
- Shopping in Graz
- Warnings and Dangers in Graz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Graz
- 28 Reviews
- 111 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Graz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Graz
Photos in GrazSee All Photos (111)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 53 reviews, 157 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Graz Intro, 28 reviews, 111 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 92 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 68 photos
- Budapest Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos
- Johannesburg Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reading Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos