"Thiers" Thiers by dejavu2gb
Thiers Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 98 photos
Thiers is a gorgeous 18th and 19th century town that is famous for its cutlery production.
They produce everything from table knifes to daggers. They are well known for this, and currently produce 70% of France's cutting implements.
- Pros:Its very close to gorgeous countryside, and a good place to take some nice pictures
- Cons:Its quite remote as its a 2 hour drive from Lyon, and can get very very hot during summer months. Now to some peopel that would not be seen as a con, but as I dont like summer very much, its a con to me... :)
As Thiers is known as the European Capital of Cutlery, you should pay their Musem a visit. Its got 23 collections and 58... more travel advice
dejavu2gb's Related Pages
Thiers Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Thiers, capital city of knives!"
- "THIERS: The city of knives"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Thiers
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Thiers?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thiers
Photos in ThiersSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 53 reviews, 157 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Graz Intro, 28 reviews, 111 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 92 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 68 photos
- Budapest Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos
- Johannesburg Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reading Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos