"Welcome to my travel page..." dejavu2gb's Profile
My name is Gareth, I am originally from Sunny South Africa. I moved to the UK 13 years ago to work and travel, and since that travel bug bit me on my first trip to Amsterdam, its just never let go! With the result being a passport full of stamps and a bank account devoid of money thanks to all the travelling I have been very fortunate to have been able to do......priceless
Countries I have visited include:
South Africa - Sun City, Bloemfontein, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Port Elizabeth, Durban, Margate, Richards Bay, Cape Town
Austria - Graz
Belgium - Brussels, Brugge, Antwerpen
Botswana - Selebe Pikwe
Canada - Toronto
Cambodia - Angor Wat
China - Shenzhen
Thailand - Phuket
Denmark - Copenhagen
Finland - Helsinki
France - Paris, Lille, Reims
Germany - Cologne, Frankfurt, Speyer, Uberhausen, Arnsberg, Cochen, Trier
Hungary - Budapest
Ireland - Dublin
Italy - Verona
Lithuania - Vilnius
Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
Mozambique - Maputo, Inyacha
Netherlands - Amsterdam, Hoorn, Alkmaar, Zaanse Schans, Haarlem
Norway - Oslo
Poland - Warsaw
Philippines - Manila, Boracay
Portugal - Faro, Vilamoura
Romania - Bucharest
Spain - Madrid, San Sebastian, Seville
Sweden - Stockholm
Switzerland - Zurich
United Kingdom - Reading, London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast, Cardiff, Swansea.
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City
Qatar - Doha
United States of America
- California - Huntington Beach, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara
- Illinois - Chicago
- Massachusetts - Boston
- Nevada - Las Vegas
- New York State - New York City
- Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
- Texas - Austin
- Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- Virginia - Washington DC, Ashburn
I recently got me another brand new car... this time instead of going French, I went German and got this lovely little number...
Her name is Alexis....
A few of my favourite places up to date must be America. From a small age I have always wanted to visit the states, so on my first trip to Chicago a few years ago I was just in awe of how cool the place was. The lake, all those huge skyscrapers, it was just amazing.
Then came Boston, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York, Austin, Washington DC, each with their own special experience. Fortunately its such a huge country you will never run out of things to see.
Then Hong Kong is also a big favourite of mine. I always dreamed to visit Hong Kong, when in 2004 that dream became reality when I went there on a fantastic holiday, enjoyed every minute of it, and have since longed to go back, and I have dont just that... with 4 trips under my belt and my 5th in November... I can safely say I am truly addicted.... This is not forgetting my trips to China, Singapore, Macau and Thailand which have equally have been absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to explore more of Asia.
Although I have been to many of the great cities there are in Europe, Sweden is one of my favourite European countries, a gorgeous picturesque and very photogenic city, with lots of history and so many lovely little islands to discover, and also some of the friendliest people I have ever met.
I could go on and on about every country I have ever been to saying how great they all are and the fantastic experiences I have had, but that is what the travel pages are for right... so please feel free to browse around, read my tips and see my pictures.
All my thoughts on travelling I have done are not all positive though as there is a country I did not like very much, but I will keep those thoughts to myself :)
So until then, enjoy the visit to my page, travel lots and lots and enjoy every minute of it!
Have a great day
Personal Pages (2)
Written Aug 19, 2005
VT MEETING LONDON, 30 APRIL
Written Jul 6, 2008
Meeting the FABULOUS JESSH in Dubai...
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 384 Reviews
- 957 Photos
- 24 Countries
- 40 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- Posted in Travel Boston Forum "Re: Stopover Advice in Boston"
- Commented on bocmaxima's profile page
- dejavu2gb and Homanded are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Gateway into Hong Kong about Chek Lap Kok Airport in Hong Kong Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gateway into Hong Kong"
- updated a Hong Kong Travel Page "Hong Kong"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my travel page..."
PhotosSee All Photos (957)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 53 reviews, 157 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Graz Intro, 28 reviews, 111 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 35 reviews, 92 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 68 photos
- Budapest Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos
- Johannesburg Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reading Intro, 17 reviews, 23 photos