"Chicago" Chicago by AnnaLupilla
Chicago Travel Guide: 5,967 reviews and 12,259 photos
This city has a way of confounding visitors' best-laid plans. Though it ranks third behind Los Angeles and New York City size-wisem the windy city is a vast and vibrant metropolis - a place where running shoes and a good train map are a must if you even hope to make a dent in the city's copious and unique attractions.
This is the city that invented both Twinkie and House Music, after all. The Chicago spirit is one of unlikely improvisations and delicious discoveries.
And there is something else about Chicago: people are downright friendly to tourists here. It's kind of creepy for thos accustomed to big-city brusqueness. If you ever find yourself having a look for Union Station on your map, you can count on Midwestern hospitality to help you get out of the jam.
For me Chicago is the City of Cities ... I've been there many times, mainly when staying at my grandparents' in Glen Ellyn. So, what I like about the city is the incredible mixture between cultures, ethnicities, architecture, great food, music ... and there is a lot of water (Chicago River & Lake Michigan with its golden beaches). All in all for me this is the perfect deal for a big city!!!
This skyscraper has been the world's tallest building from 1974 to 1996. It is 442m tall. more travel advice
AnnaLupilla's Related Pages
Chicago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place I call home"
- "Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
- "Never A Lovely So Real"
- "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
- "Sweet Home Chicago!"
- "Chicago - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicago
- Hotels in Chicago
- Transportation in Chicago
- Nightlife in Chicago
- Restaurants in Chicago
- Shopping in Chicago
- Warnings and Dangers in Chicago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chicago
- 7 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicago
Top 10 Pages
- Nürnberg Intro, 389 reviews, 267 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 132 reviews, 16 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mazatlán Intro, 63 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 33 reviews, 2 travelogues
- Kirchensittenbach Intro, 30 reviews
- Morelia Intro, 28 reviews