"Chicago" Chicago by AnnaLupilla

Chicago Travel Guide: 5,908 reviews and 12,104 photos

Welcome to the Windy City

This city has a way of confounding visitors' best-laid plans. Though it ranks third behind Los Angeles and New York City size-wisem the windy city is a vast and vibrant metropolis - a place where running shoes and a good train map are a must if you even hope to make a dent in the city's copious and unique attractions.
This is the city that invented both Twinkie and House Music, after all. The Chicago spirit is one of unlikely improvisations and delicious discoveries.
And there is something else about Chicago: people are downright friendly to tourists here. It's kind of creepy for thos accustomed to big-city brusqueness. If you ever find yourself having a look for Union Station on your map, you can count on Midwestern hospitality to help you get out of the jam.

The City of Cities ...

For me Chicago is the City of Cities ... I've been there many times, mainly when staying at my grandparents' in Glen Ellyn. So, what I like about the city is the incredible mixture between cultures, ethnicities, architecture, great food, music ... and there is a lot of water (Chicago River & Lake Michigan with its golden beaches). All in all for me this is the perfect deal for a big city!!!

• Intro Updated Aug 7, 2005

• Feb 17, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Imagine my pleasure and surprise when I saw this sculpture after returning from living in texas for 28 yrs. I recognized his work before I even saw the plaque. It is breathtaking. He has been my favorite artist since I first saw his works.

AnnaLupilla

“Don't listen to what they say. Go see.”

Badges & Stats in Chicago

Have you been to Chicago?

Latest Activity in Chicago