"Tammisaari - Ekenäs" Tammisaari by AnnaLupilla
Tammisaari Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 97 photos
The seaside town of Ekenäs, how it is called in Swedish, 96 km southwest of Helsinki, is one of Finland's oldest - King Gustav Vasa conceived of it in 1546 as a trading port to rival Tallinn in Estonia. The idea failed, and many local business people were soon forcibly transferred to the newly founded Helsinki.
Present-day Tammisaari, with a population of about 14,600 people, is a setting, popular with Finnish and Swedish holidaymakers and families, although it lacks the elegance and charm of Hanko further west. Predominantly Swedish-speaking, it has many well-preserved old buildings, including a quaint Old Town, and parts of the adjacent archipelago - with some 1300 islands - form a national park.
AnnaLupilla's Related Pages
Tammisaari Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tammisaari / Ekenäs"
- "Maria's Ekenäs (Fi. Tammisaari)"
- "Tammisaari - Oak island"
- "Tammisaari - Ekenäs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tammisaari
- Hotels in Tammisaari
- Transportation in Tammisaari
- Nightlife in Tammisaari
- Restaurants in Tammisaari
- Shopping in Tammisaari
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tammisaari
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tammisaari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tammisaari
Photos in TammisaariSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Nürnberg Intro, 389 reviews, 267 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 132 reviews, 16 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mazatlán Intro, 63 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 33 reviews, 2 travelogues
- Kirchensittenbach Intro, 30 reviews
- Morelia Intro, 28 reviews