"La Nueva Guatemala de la Asunción/ Guatemala City" Guatemala City by AnnaLupilla
Guatemala City Travel Guide: 176 reviews and 403 photos
Ok, so this is my new home. Since beginning of january I live in the capital. It is located in a mountain valley in the south central part of the country. Bit by bit I am getting to know the city, though I have to say it really goes bit by bit as most of the time I am working, partying or sleeping, not much time left to see the city; well, compared to earlier trips I haven`t seen too much.
About the places I like best here are Sopho`s, some of the cities shopping malls, Jacobo`s internet cafe, 4° Norte and Gimnasio Siete de Diciembre.
Of course I got to know a whole lot of people, most of them Guatemalans por supuesto, as there is Rubén, caretaker of the Colegio, Jacobo, friend of mine, and Walter, another friend of mine.
Also there are an awful lot of kids ... well, I think that`s what it is like, working in a kindergarden ... which I like pretty much, and there parents of which some are really cute!
Well ... now it`s time to sleep, going to bed now.
Ah, I forgot to mention, that I finally managed to rent my own apartement together with a friend/collegue of mine, and a third one`s gonna join us in april. I did all the work though, that`s why I took myself the nicest and biggest one of the three dormitories. The area I live in is secure, Zona 14, and our neighbours are priests ... imagine that combined with Anna listening to Guns n Roses and whatever all day long hahaha ...
By the way .. I just started giving German classes today ... Juan Carlos is such an excellent pupil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tomorrow I gonna make music workshop, we gonna create some nice instruments to make music; today I had preparation course for prueba in may ... Janni I loooooooooooove you so much, and Josiah and Andrés and Esteban jajaja.
- Pros:Even here there are lots of nice places ... and people :-)
- Cons:The dirtiest city I`ve ever been to .... worse than Mexico D.F.!!!!
- In a nutshell:Give it a try ... !
Avenida las Americas is partly closed on Sunday´s, so that's a great location for strolling around this usually... more travel advice
AnnaLupilla's Related Pages
Guatemala City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guatemala City."
- "Guatemala City, Guatemala"
- "A short stay in Guate City"
- "Guatemala City"
- "Guatemala City"
- "The Highlights of Guatemala City"
- "GUATEMALA CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guatemala City
- Hotels in Guatemala City
- Transportation in Guatemala City
- Nightlife in Guatemala City
- Restaurants in Guatemala City
- Shopping in Guatemala City
- Warnings and Dangers in Guatemala City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guatemala City
- 17 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Guatemala City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guatemala City
Photos in Guatemala CitySee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Nürnberg Intro, 389 reviews, 267 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 132 reviews, 16 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mazatlán Intro, 63 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 33 reviews, 2 travelogues
- Kirchensittenbach Intro, 30 reviews
- Morelia Intro, 28 reviews