"Welcome to Bavaria" Bavaria by AnnaLupilla
Bavaria Travel Guide: 11,975 reviews and 34,931 photos
Come to Bayern ...
Bayern is said to be pure inspiration and attitude towards life. Of course you will always find white-blue-colored skies - the Bavarian flag's colors - and cristal clear lakes, medieval small towns and vibrant metropolises, tradition and hospitality, tangy wine and fresh beer, mystic woods and snow-covered peaks, mountain-biking and sleigh rides, outdoor-action and recovery. Any time of year. And of course, all of us always wear dirndl and leather trousers, drink beer out of big steins and and all of us always eat lots of meat and sausages. Ah, I forgot ...of course we always and only listen to brass music.
Come to visit us in Bayern and find out for yourselves if this is the truth ;-) Or should we at least be just a common tribe with common customs?
... and you will be amazed!
Bavaria stands for
1. 1. FC Nürnberg - the world's best soccer team!!!
a - Adidas; the company has its base in Bavaria and stands for a lot more world-famous brands which come from here.
b - Beer; basic nutrient for all Bavarians always ;-)
c - Culture; Some features of the Bavarian culture and mentality are remarkably distinct from the rest of Germany
d - Dialects; in Bavaria you can listen to Franconian, Austro-Bavarian and Swabian Bavarian, three very distinct dialects.
f - Freistaat Bayern; means simply "the free state of Bavaria." However, many Germans sarcastically refer to Bavaria as "Frei statt Bayern" which literally means "Free instead of Bavaria," lambasts the Bavarian sense of superiority.
g - "Grüß Gott!" (God bless you) - typical Bavarian greeting
l - laid-back; other German regions laugh at us every once in a while for being a little bit ... back in time
m - mountains
o - Oktoberfest; the world's largest beer festival
t - Trachten; traditional costumes include Lederhosen for males and Dirndl for females.
w - Weißwurst (white sausage); you haven't been to Bavaria if you leave without having eaten a Weißwurst with mustard and beer.
z - The Zugspitze is the highest mountain in Germany
In addition to heart and liver, tongue is counted among the most delicious bowels. Like heart and stomach, it mainly... more travel advice
Bavaria's extensive network of popular holiday routes connects its' regional nature and cultural highlights and is the... more travel advice
AnnaLupilla's Related Pages
Bavaria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bavaria - my home for 10 years"
- "2004: A Bavarian Beer Odyssey"
- "Magic Bavaria: mountains, villages, churches"
- "Bavaria - under construction"
- "Bavarian tours"
- "Websites Bavaria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bavaria
- Hotels in Bavaria
- Transportation in Bavaria
- Nightlife in Bavaria
- Restaurants in Bavaria
- Shopping in Bavaria
- Warnings and Dangers in Bavaria
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bavaria
- 467 Reviews
- 338 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bavaria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bavaria
Top 10 Pages
- Nürnberg Intro, 389 reviews, 267 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 132 reviews, 16 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mazatlán Intro, 63 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puebla de Zaragoza Intro, 33 reviews, 2 travelogues
- Kirchensittenbach Intro, 30 reviews
- Morelia Intro, 28 reviews
Top Bavaria hotels
- Munich Hotels
- 4309 Reviews - 9910 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 883 Reviews - 3005 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1065 Photos
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Hotels
- 585 Reviews - 1823 Photos
- Würzburg Hotels
- 353 Reviews - 1189 Photos
- Fussen Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 479 Photos
- Frankfurt Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 79 Photos
- Bamberg Hotels
- 451 Reviews - 1413 Photos
- Berchtesgaden Hotels
- 283 Reviews - 828 Photos
- Tegernsee Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 55 Photos
- Erlangen Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 62 Photos
- Starnberg Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Regensburg Hotels
- 218 Reviews - 670 Photos
- Oberammergau Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 197 Photos
- Mittenwald Hotels
- 67 Reviews - 233 Photos