"ich mein berlina" Berlin by Cham
Berlin Travel Guide: 6,951 reviews and 15,575 photos
Berling after the second world was was split into the East and West sections, the east belonging to soviets and the west belonging to the "western alliance"
Anyone who made it to the west side of Berlin was granted a passport making them west german. The problem with East berlin was that due to the oppression many of them were defecting to the west. This made the economy on the east side worse than it already was and so more people made the crossing.
In 1961 the east german government decided to put a stop to this and put up the Berlin wall. The wall was guarded on the eastern side only. The wall that had graffiti all over it was parts of the western side where westerners had no troubles approaching the wall. There was a second wall on the eastern side, with sniper towers and floodlights. The distance between these two walls could be as much as 100m in some places. This area was covered with landmines and attack dogs and overlooked by the snipers many people died as a result of trying to cross the border.
A bit of marketing with the name but still this place looks impressive as you can see from the picture... there's not a... more travel advice
I arrived late and was met with a couple of lively staff who were very plesant and polite. The room was a little small... more travel advice
Cham's Related Pages
Berlin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than the capital of Germany"
- "Berlin, Berlin - wir fahren nach Berlin!"
- "Berlin in my way"
- "Wunderbar Berlin"
- "Berlin - the whole world in one town"
- "Berlin .... und das ist gut so!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berlin
- Hotels in Berlin
- Transportation in Berlin
- Nightlife in Berlin
- Restaurants in Berlin
- Shopping in Berlin
- Warnings and Dangers in Berlin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Berlin
- 12 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Berlin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berlin
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 110 reviews, 107 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lebanon Intro, 23 reviews, 7 photos
- Madrid Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Berlin Intro, 12 reviews, 3 photos
- Dubai Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Brentwood Intro, 11 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skiathos Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Beirut Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Tripoli Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Baalbeck Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo