"Pico" Ilha do Pico by tolovajka
Ilha do Pico Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 39 photos
Pico belongs to the central group of islands and is named after its imposing mountain, Pico (2351 m high), which is the highest mountain in Portugal.
In the past, whale hunting was an important source of wealth. Two museums (in São Roque and in Lajes) shows you the story of the "baleeiros", the whale hunters.
Places of particular interest, formed by volcanic eruptions, such as Misterio da Prainha (between S. Roque and Prainha),... more travel advice
Situated at the port entrance to the town, right by the sea. Founded in the 17th century, it is the biggest church of... more travel advice
tolovajka's Related Pages
Ilha do Pico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ilha do Pico"
- "A ILHA MONTANHA"
- "Pico Mountain (2351 m) - Winter Ascent"
- "PICO island"
- "Pico Island - Marvellous & Quiet"
- "Pico island - paradise on earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ilha do Pico
- Hotels in Ilha do Pico
- Transportation in Ilha do Pico
- Restaurants in Ilha do Pico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ilha do Pico
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Ilha do Pico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ilha do Pico
Photos in Ilha do PicoSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Tunisia Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Munich Intro, 19 reviews, 13 photos
- Maldives Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Corfu Island Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Ilha das Flores Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Terceira Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Horta Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Ilha do Pico Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos