"Terceira" Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Terceira by tolovajka
Ilha Terceira Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 101 photos
Terceira is the most populated island of the central group of the Açores. It is called like that because it was the third Azorean island to be discovered (the settlement began in 1450). Its former name was Ilha do Jesus Cristo.
The island has good plane connections (from and to Lisbon, Usa, Canada, other Azorean islands).
What I most love of Terceira are the green pastures delimited by walls made of black volcanic stones, the "impérios" (kind of gaily coloured small chapels dedicated to the Holy Spirit) and the coloured houses in the streets of Angra do Heroismo.
It is the largest crater in the Açores, with 15 km perimeter. Here grows the typical endemic plant called "urze" (see... more travel advice
tolovajka's Related Pages
Ilha Terceira Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Terceira: Beautiful Island"
- "A Flower of the Atlantic"
- "Picnic anyone?"
- "Five days on Terceira"
- "Terceira Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ilha Terceira
- Hotels in Ilha Terceira
- Transportation in Ilha Terceira
- Warnings and Dangers in Ilha Terceira
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ilha Terceira
- 11 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Ilha Terceira?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ilha Terceira
Photos in Ilha TerceiraSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Tunisia Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Munich Intro, 19 reviews, 13 photos
- Maldives Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Corfu Island Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Ilha das Flores Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha Terceira Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Horta Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Ilha do Pico Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos