"The Monarch of the Rockies" Mount Robson Provincial Park by chewy3326
Mount Robson Provincial Park Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 89 photos
Mount Robson is one of the most impressive peaks in the Canadian Rockies. It is huge- four glaciers spill down its slopes, and its summit is the highest point in the Canadian Rockies. Travelers heading past the area on the Yellowhead Highway are bound to stop at the visitor center at the foot of the mountain to view the mountain when it is out- its regal look is matched by no other peak in its range.
However, visitors who just see the commanding south face of Mt. Robson from the roadside visitor center have no idea what wonders Mt. Robson Provinical Park holds- for the park really is one of the greatest parks of the Rockies. The park's backcountry is home to Berg Lake, the most popular backpacking destination in the Rockies. The lake, accessible by a 42 km round trip hike, sits at the foot of Mt. Robson's north face. The trail deserves its fame and popularity: few other hikes that I have done pack in such a variety of astounding scenery.
In my things to do section of this page, I will walk you through the Berg Lake Trail and describe its major attractions. I will also detail popular day hikes from the Berg Lake campground itself.
In the hotels section, I will describe the environs of each campground on the Berg Lake trail, in case you are trying to determine what campgrounds to stay at on your Berg Lake hike.
- Pros:Beautiful Berg Lake, regal Mt. Robson, and awesome hiking
- Cons:Popularity of Berg Lake Trail, helicopters
chewy3326's Related Pages
Mount Robson Provincial Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Day-hike alone into the wild !"
- "MT. ROBSON PROVINCIAL PARK"
- "The Monarch of the Rockies"
- "I saw the peak"
- "Berg lake trail"
- "Mount Robson Provincial Park"
- "Mount Robson"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Robson Provincial Park
- Hotels in Mount Robson Provincial Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Robson Provincial Park
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Mount Robson Provincial Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Robson Provincial Park
Photos in Mount Robson Provincial ParkSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 110 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 55 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 40 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Lakes Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 37 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos