"A Spectacular Coastal Mountain Wilderness" Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park by chewy3326
Olympic National Park Travel Guide: 296 reviews and 766 photos
Olympic National Park is a wonderland filled with rain forests, beautiful lakes, snow-capped mountains, waterfalls, and much more. You can view rocky coastline, glaciers, and giant cedars in the same day. It's a great national park, one of my favorites, so be sure to spend a few days here.
Olympic National Park covers over 900,000 acres, with 95% of land designated as wilderness, and about 3,000,000 visitors annually. The most visited parts of the park are the Hoh Rain Forest and Hurricane Ridge. Don't even think about doing this park as a day trip. You need a minimum of three days (generally, seven to ten days should be about enough). There are many, many places that I missed this time that I know I have to come back for in the future: views of Mt. Olympus from the High Divide, Hurricane Ridge on a clear day, and hiking into the Seven Lakes Basin.
There's no way to really experience Olympic without at least doing some hiking; try the Hurricane Hill Trail, Cape Flattery Trail, Sol Duc Falls Trail, and some others. The park is usually a very lush green.
- Pros:Beautiful mountain scenery
- Cons:Often cloudy, stormy
The Salmon Cascades on the Sol Duc River are very beautiful. Though we didn't see any salmon leaping upstream on the... more travel advice
The Quinault Rain Forest is a beautiful, mossy, and damp place. Many trails run through the area, as well as two roads.... more travel advice
chewy3326's Related Pages
Olympic National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where Wishes Come True: Olympic National Park"
- "Olympic National Park"
- "A Spectacular Coastal Mountain Wilderness"
- "Crown Jewel of the Pacific Northwest"
- "Basaic Olympic National Park Page"
- "WILDERNESS DEFINED"
- "Lake Quinault Lodge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Olympic National Park
- Hotels in Olympic National Park
- Transportation in Olympic National Park
- Nightlife in Olympic National Park
- Restaurants in Olympic National Park
- Shopping in Olympic National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Olympic National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Olympic National Park
- 22 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Olympic National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olympic National Park
- Posted in Travel Yosemite National Park Forum "RE: Yosemite to Las Vegas"
- Commented on one of goingsolo's Olympic National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Salmon Cascades in Olympic National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Salmon Cascades"
- updated a Olympic National Park Travelogue "Around Hurricane Ridge"
Photos in Olympic National ParkSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 110 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 55 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 40 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Lakes Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 37 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos