"Mt. Rainier National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Rainier National Park by chewy3326
Mount Rainier National Park Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 653 photos
Mt. Rainier is probably the most dominating peak in all of the Northwest; from Seattle, it's visible, and from inside the park itself, it dominates. All sides of the mountain are covered with glaciers; in fact, with 25 glaciers on its slopes, Mt. Rainier is the most heavily glaciated peak in the US outside of Alaska. An additional bonus are the waterfalls, meadows, and lakes around the mountain; they make visiting Mt. Rainier an unforgettable experience.
During my visit in late June, there was still about 4-5 feet of snow on the ground at Paradise. This isn't too surprising, since Paradise has recieved up to 93 feet of snow a year before. However, this made it impossible for us to hike the Skyline Trail, which I had planned on hiking. However, despite the excessive snow, the weather was good for most of the week that we spent in the park, except for the last two days, when it snowed in mid-summer at Sunrise.
This photo shows many of Mt. Rainier's glaciers. It was taken near Paradise.
After my experience of Mt. Rainier, I would recommend at least a 2-3 day visit, no less. Must visit areas include Sunrise, Paradise, and White River. If you don't hike at all at Mt. Rainier, you've missed the entire point of the park, so do the scenery some courtesy, get out of your car, and enjoy it.
If I ever visit Mt. Rainier again, some things are certain: I'm coming later in the year, probably around Mid-July, when I can actually hike most of the trails. Also, I'm going to visit the Mowich Lake section, since I've head the scenery there is really amazing.
- Pros:Good trail system and scenery
- Cons:Bad roads in Carbon River corner
This really isn't much of a tip. Instead, it's a question: can anyone identivy this animal for me? I saw it while... more travel advice
I hiked the entire length of the trail, yet I don't know anything about the actual trail conditions. While I was at... more travel advice
Written May 9, 2016
Various views of the mountain
Written May 9, 2016
Views from Paradise
chewy3326's Related Pages
Mount Rainier National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perfect Everday in its own Special Way:Mt. Rainier"
- "Basaic Mount Rainier National Park Page"
- "WASHINGTON'S MASSIVE GLACIATED GLORY"
- "Mt. Rainier National Park"
- "Mount Rainier National Park"
- "Drive thru Mt Ranier"
- "Welcome to Mount Rainer National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Rainier National Park
- Hotels in Mount Rainier National Park
- Transportation in Mount Rainier National Park
- Nightlife in Mount Rainier National Park
- Restaurants in Mount Rainier National Park
- Shopping in Mount Rainier National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Rainier National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Rainier National Park
- 16 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Mount Rainier National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Rainier National Park
- updated a Mount Rainier National Park Travel Page "Mt. Rainier National Park"
- Posted in Travel Yosemite National Park Forum "RE: Yosemite to Las Vegas"
- Commented on one of GuthrieColin's Mount Rainier National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Not much of a tip... in Mount Rainier National Park Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Not much of a tip..."
Photos in Mount Rainier National ParkSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 110 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 55 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 40 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Lakes Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 37 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos