"Gateway to the Blue Ridge" Waynesboro by chewy3326
Waynesboro Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 30 photos
Waynesboro is a medium-sized town that sits just west of Rockfish Gap. The main attractions here are the access to Shenandoah National Park to the north and the Blue Ridge Parkway to the south. If you drive I-64 across the Blue Ridge Mts, you'll also get good views (there are scenic overlooks along the road). On winter days when the mountains are bare and fog covers the lower slopes, the scene looks oddly like something out of Lord of the Rings. In summer, the air is often immensely smoggy. You can also ski at the nearby Wintergreen Resort, which is just somewhat south on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
chewy3326's Related Pages
Waynesboro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Virginia Waterfalls!!!"
- "Basaic Waynesboro Page"
- "Think about staying here - for good"
- "SchuminWeb's Waynesboro Page"
- "Gateway to the Blue Ridge"
- "Wildlife Center of Virginia"
- "Days Inn Waynesboro, VA"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waynesboro
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Waynesboro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waynesboro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 110 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 55 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 40 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Lakes Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 37 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos