"The Mighty Niagara" Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls by chewy3326

Niagara Falls Travel Guide: 492 reviews and 1,275 photos

The views may be better on the Canadian side of the falls, but the American side has plenty of attractions, too. Visitors to this side of the falls will be presently surprised with the smaller crowds and less expensive activities, as well as plenty of viewpoints close up to the rim of the falls. While some people prefer the better views of Canada, in my opinion, the Canadian side is too commerical. It's a good idea to visit the American side, too.

The Niagara River drains four of the five great lakes as it drops over the Niagara escarpment in the falls. Interestingly, what you see today is only half of the original flow, since the other half of the water is diverted for hydroelectric power.

• Pros:Less crowds, more brink-of-the-falls viewpoints
  • Cons:A bit shadier when compared to the Canadian side
  • Last visit to Niagara Falls: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 24, 2006

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2006 at 2:27 AM

Thank you for great information, good photos and useful advice. I will be sure to take a barrel for my wife. If she makes it, I will try. We are going there first before venturing on the round-the-world trip.

• GuthrieColin's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2006 at 7:37 PM

How can i be an american citizen and a waterfall fanatic and not have been to Niagra! I must change that.

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 7:18 AM

I was in Niagara in the 2005 winer, and stayed at the canadian side, cold, windy and snowy, I loved that experience...It is a bit Hollywood for me, as I have such a wild falls in iguazu, but I do want to visit the american side one day and in the summer!

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2006 at 11:45 AM

Thanks for your comments, south Amarica is a great place to visit if you get the chace, But hey Niagara is one place i simply must get to visit, your photos bring it to life, Thanks

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2006 at 7:36 PM

A really good account of the American side -- you almost have me convinced ;)

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2006 at 5:30 PM

Very nice page, we had a great time here! Good information and photos, I took my digital on the Maid of the Mist too wit hno problem. Thanks for stopping by. :o)

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2006 at 11:56 PM

Great page too! I love marmots, so cute, too bad there're none here, couldn't even find a stuffed marmot toy :( I see you've been to many national parks parks, will check them out!

chewy3326

“Climb the Mountains and get their good tidings -John Muir”

Badges & Stats in Niagara Falls

Have you been to Niagara Falls?

Latest Activity in Niagara Falls