"The Incomparable Valley (and Park)" Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park by chewy3326
Yosemite National Park Travel Guide: 1,514 reviews and 3,515 photos
Yosemite is one of the most lauded natural areas in the United States, and for a good reason. It's granite walls, lakes, thousand-foot waterfalls, domes, spires, meadows, and giant trees definitely make up one of America's most beautiful national parks. John Muir called Yosemite Valley the "Incomparable Valley"; I couldn't agree more.
The winter of 2005-2006 brought the sixth-wettest snowpack in history of the Sierra Nevada and Yosemite National Park. Originally, I had planned on spending 9 days in the park (1 day in Wawona, 3 days in Yosemite Valley, a day in Hetch Hetchy and 4 days in Tuolumne Meadows), but the late opening of Tioga Road (June 17) forced us to only spend a day at Tuolumne Meadows.
This is a very diverse and easily accessible park, which makes the park very crowded. Giant weekend crowds and traffic jams can be a headache, but mosquitoes that outnumber the crowds by a few million times become a bigger headache on weekdays.
The park can be split into five basic sections: Wawona/Mariposa Grove, Glacier Point, Yosemite Valley, Hetch Hetchy, and Tioga Road/Tuolumne Meadows. Most visitors head straight to Yosemite Valley, the most famous part of the park; but you can find some solitude around Tuolumne Meadows and Hetch Hetchy.
No matter how much time you don't have to visit this park, if you're going to visit Yosemite, please spend more than a day. Not only will you enjoy the park more, you'll give Yosemite the respect it deserves.
- Pros:Beautiful and magnificent scenery, a lot of waterfalls
- Cons:Crowds, mosquitoes, very hot summer days
You will definitely need hiking shoes, which are a necessity on the park's 800+ miles of trails. You may want to bring... more travel advice
The Yosemite Lodge Food Court is at the Yosemite Lodge at the falls. The food here isn't very good, and is overpriced;... more travel advice
chewy3326's Related Pages
Yosemite National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Incomparable Valley (and Park)"
- "Yosemite in a day"
- "On Becoming Part of the Food Chain: Yosemite"
- "Yosemite National Park"
- "Yosemite is Perhaps the Prettiest Park in the USA"
- "The Glacial Beauty of Yosemite National Park"
- "As Good As It Gets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yosemite National Park
- Hotels in Yosemite National Park
- Transportation in Yosemite National Park
- Nightlife in Yosemite National Park
- Restaurants in Yosemite National Park
- Shopping in Yosemite National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Yosemite National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yosemite National Park
- 110 Reviews
- 214 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Yosemite National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yosemite National Park
- Posted in Travel Yosemite National Park Forum "RE: Yosemite to Las Vegas"
- updated a Yosemite National Park Travelogue "Cholok: Beauty beyond words"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The High Sierra: Range of Light"
- Wrote a Review Pack everything about Warm Clothes / Hiking Shoes in Yosemite National Park What to Pack
- Commented on one of atufft's Yosemite National Park travel pages
Photos in Yosemite National ParkSee All Photos (214)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 110 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 55 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 40 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Lakes Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 37 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos