"Gateway to Sequoia" Three Rivers by chewy3326
Three Rivers Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 36 photos
Three Rivers is a dry, tiny town at the gateway to Sequoia National Park, consisting mainly of a few motels, two restaurants, a general store, and a post office. The location of the town isn't exactly convenient, either, and it's still a full hour's drive to Giant Forest in Sequoia National Park. But if you must base yourself outside the park, Three Rivers is the best place to stay. I spent a night at Three Rivers while getting between Giant Forest and Mineral King. In some areas of the town (which is stretched out along Generals Highway for about five-six miles) you can see Alta Peak, while in other areas you can Lake Kaweah. Summer is always hot here (About 90 degrees in June).
Crystal Cave is on the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada, about an hour and a half drive from Three Rivers. The cave is... more travel advice
Lake Kaweah,a reservoir, isn't too attractive, though it is close to Three Rivers. On a weekend, you'll find many people... more travel advice
chewy3326's Related Pages
Three Rivers Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Sequoia"
- "Gateway to the Sequoia's"
- "three rivers"
- "River Rafting May 20, 2005"
- "Kaweah RIver"
- "Three Rivers"
- "Basaic Three Rivers Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Three Rivers
- Hotels in Three Rivers
- Restaurants in Three Rivers
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Three Rivers
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Three Rivers?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Three Rivers
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 110 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 55 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 40 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Lakes Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 37 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos