Sequoia National Park Off The Beaten Path Tips by chewy3326 Top 5 Page for this destination
Sequoia National Park Off The Beaten Path: 22 reviews and 27 photos
Mineral King Valley
The Cold Springs Trail was a scenic and short trail in the Mineral King Valley of Sequoia National Park. It's about a mile long, one-way, and can be either started from the Eagle Mosquito Trailhead or the Cold Springs Campground. The trail leads through aspen forest and meadows in the valley along the river, offering great views of Timber Gap and Sawtooth Peak. The trail also passes the ruins of Beulah, a former mining town. The hike is a good choice in the early morning.
View from Little Baldy
This fairly easy trail, only 3.5 miles round trip, leads to great views of the Siliman Crest, the Great Western Divide, and the foothills. However, while we were there (around noon on June 21) we had the entire trail to ourselves. The trail begins from Little Baldy Saddle and immediately begins switchbacking up a forested slope. Soon, views of Big Baldy will appear. After climbing steadily for a while, the trail will level out as you reach the top of the ridge. On the fairly flat ridgetop, there are good views in all directions. But the best views come at the end, atop the round, flat summit of Little Baldy. This is one of the best day hikes in Sequoia National Park.
Unknown, rarely visited Mineral King Valley, accessible by a winding, bumpy 25-mile road, is a gem in Sequoia National Park. Here you can hike to alpine lakes, stroll along meadows, or stay in rustic cabins. It's a wonderful place, not to be missed. I recommend hiking the 7-mile round trip trail to Eagle Lake, which has really good scenery.
More Reviews (31)
chewy3326's Related Pages
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I Had to Tell a Tree about a Girl: Sequoia"
- "Sequoia National Park:California Family Adventure"
- "Sequoias reside in mountainous terrain"
- "The hidden park"
- "Sierra Nevada at its Best - SEQUOIA NAT PARK"
- "SEQUOIA & KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sequoia National Park
- Hotels in Sequoia National Park
- Transportation in Sequoia National Park
- Nightlife in Sequoia National Park
- Restaurants in Sequoia National Park
- Shopping in Sequoia National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Sequoia National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sequoia National Park
- 34 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Sequoia National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sequoia National Park
- Posted in Travel Yosemite National Park Forum "RE: Yosemite to Las Vegas"
- Commented on one of phil_uk_net's Sequoia National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Crystal Cave Road about Crystal Cave Trail in Sequoia National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crystal Cave Road"
- updated a Sequoia National Park Travelogue "Sequoia Meadows"
Photos in Sequoia National ParkSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 110 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 55 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 40 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Lakes Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 37 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
- Tunnel Log- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Crystal Cave Trail- 5 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Moro Rock- 9 Reviews, 13 Photos
- King's Canyon National Park- 5 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Sequoia National Park- 9 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Sherman Tree- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Hospital Rock- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Congress Trail- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Lake Kaweah- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Tokopah Falls- 1 Review, 5 Photos