"Bigness" Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park by chewy3326

Sequoia National Park Travel Guide: 291 reviews and 629 photos

General Sherman Tree

The picture explains it all for you. It's giant. 2700 years old. 275 feet tall. 36 feet diameter at the base. World's largest living thing.

High Peaks, Great Trees

Though Sequoia National Park isn't my favorite, I like it very much. The scenery here is very diverse, from dry foothills to deep canyons, high peaks, giant trees, and lakes. It's also a good place to hike: trails lead to meadows, waterfalls, and views. The best hiking in the park (in my opinion) is at Little Baldy, near Dorst Creek, and Mineral King Valley, in the southern part of the park.

• Pros:Beautiful scenery, giant sequoias, sparse crowds
  • Cons:ugly development at Wuksachi Lodge
  • Last visit to Sequoia National Park: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 2, 2005

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 6:40 PM

My wife and I are going to Yosemite and Sequoia N Ps in June. Great tips on the various hikes. I appreciate the advise! We will do some hiking! What fun! Mike

• percy961's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2006 at 10:31 AM

Great Photos of the sierra, looks a superb place to visit.

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 7:37 PM

I do love all your tips about Sequoia Park, if it is not your favourite, I can imagine how fantastic YOUR FAVOURITE PARK WILL BE! :) I hope one day you could see the brazilian parks!;)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2006 at 2:05 PM

What an impressive natural scenery, these giant sequoias are simply unbelievable !

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 1:25 PM

With your pictures & good tips I really need to visit here - spectacular scenery with great trees = well done!

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2006 at 1:26 AM

Great tips and pictures.. Thanks for sharing.. Thinking of driving there in near future for a couple of days away from the city!!

• GuthrieColin's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2006 at 11:41 AM

Thanks for your imput on my pages. I love your Sequoia national Park Page. Seems like Pretty cool place.

• Feb 2, 2006 at 8:08 PM

hey chew, thanks for visiting my pages. yours on sequoia are great! awesome pix and tips. too bad i didn't get to see half of what you did, but it was still nice. cheers from the left coast.

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2006 at 5:03 PM

Beautiful pics! What a scenary! Cheers.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 8:31 AM

You have shown some fine tips for folks for the west side of the Park.

chewy3326

“Climb the Mountains and get their good tidings -John Muir”

Badges & Stats in Sequoia National Park

Have you been to Sequoia National Park?

Latest Activity in Sequoia National Park