"Beautiful British Columbia" Province of British Columbia by chewy3326
Province of British Columbia Travel Guide: 8,831 reviews and 20,322 photos
It's hard to not to sound like a tourism advertisement when talking about British Columbia- because it is honestly that incredible of a place. This huge province has a wealth of magnificent scenery, which I've only scratched the surface of. While many other BC pages may provide you with plenty of information on the western half of the province, I'll concentrate on the eastern half, as that's the section that I've visited and hiked in on three separate trips.
The organization of this page is as follows:
"Things to Do" will list general areas (parks, cities, etc) worth visiting.
"Off-the-Beaten-Path" will list areas that are not commonly visited that may be particularly worth visiting.
"Sports" will include notable hikes or other outdoors activities available in the province.
The eastern border of British Columbia is formed by the Continental Divide. The Alberta side of the Rockies may get all the attention and visitors, but the British Columbia side easily wins the scenic cake- the glaciers are bigger, the forests lusher, the rivers wilder, the landscapes more epic. The BC Rockies are home to three of the hottest hiking spots on the continent- Mt. Robson, Lake O'Hara, and Mt. Assiniboine. If you're willing to put on some boots and get off the road, hiking in the BC Rockies is incredibly rewarding.
West of the Rockies, the province is sliced by more mountain ranges- first the Columbia Mountains, and then to the far west, the Coast Range. The Columbia Range contains more spectacular scenery- the southern Columbia Mountains are home to Glacier and Mt. Revelstoke National Parks, while the northern part of the range is home to the Cariboo Mountains and wildernesses vaster than I could ever imagine.
This has to be one of the greatest hikes of the continent. It is certainly a popular one- it's the most popular... more travel advice
The Opabin Plateau is one of the most spectacular areas in the Rockies accessible by a day hike. A roughly 8-9 km... more travel advice
chewy3326's Related Pages
Province of British Columbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OUR TOUR OF BRITISH COLUMBIA BY HIRE CAR"
- "BRITISH COLUMBIA*****WOW"
- "Beautiful British Columbia!"
- "Due West"
- "CANADIAN BEAUTY"
- "British Columbia"
- "From the ocean to the mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of British Columbia
- Hotels in Province of British Columbia
- Transportation in Province of British Columbia
- Nightlife in Province of British Columbia
- Restaurants in Province of British Columbia
- Shopping in Province of British Columbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of British Columbia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of British Columbia
- 24 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Province of British Columbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of British Columbia
Photos in Province of British ColumbiaSee All Photos (83)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 110 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 55 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 40 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Lakes Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 37 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos