"Washington" Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State by chewy3326

Washington State Travel Guide: 7,639 reviews and 20,889 photos

Beaches to Glaciers

I visited Washington State in June 2003. Our original plan was to fly to Seattle, spend a day there, then head to Olympic National Park, spend 8 days there, then head to Mt. Rainier National Park, spend 6 days there, then leave. As it would happen, we ended up getting our plane tickets on the wrong day (so we left a day later than we should've.) This forced us to skip Seattle (we had already made reservations at most of everywhere else) and head straight to the Olympics. Although I missed the chance to see Seattle, it was still an enjoyable trip.

Washington is a very beautiful state, with glaciers, high mountains, volcanoes, rain forests, meadows, and beaches. Mt. Rainier National Park is still to date my favorite place. The scenery is spectacular, the people are friendly; there's no reason to not visit Washington.

• Last visit to Washington State: Jun 2003
  • Intro Written Jan 16, 2006

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 9:51 AM

I love our National Parks! If you ever come back you should hike up to Mt. St Helens. Very interesting landscape especially with her burping right now. =^oo^=

• Ken_Weaver's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 4:42 PM

You must have really like Olympic Natl Park! Normally Rainier gets more press!

chewy3326

“Climb the Mountains and get their good tidings -John Muir”

Badges & Stats in Washington State

Have you been to Washington State?

Latest Activity in Washington State