"The Enchanted Forest" Top 5 Page for this destination A-li-shan by chewy3326

A-li-shan Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 152 photos

Alishan National Forest Recreation Area (Alishan Guojia Sinling Yolechu) (Mt. Ali National Forest Recreation Area) (ˆ¢—¢ŽRš ‰Æ?X—Ñ—VžÙ™½) or more simply, just Alishan, is considered Taiwan's most famous natural showpiece. On the island of Taiwan, Alishan is known for five things: sunrise, sunset, ocean of clouds, forest, and a narrow-gauge railway. Of the five, I saw only two (forest and narrow-gauge railway). The forest here is one of the beautiful in Taiwan (despite the fact that it was raining), with fallen giants, equally large living trees, and dense foliage. The forest is so green it almost feels... enchanted.

Alishan is most famous for its sunrises, but I wasn't able to see one; I hope that one of the next times I return to the Republic of China I will be able to see one. Alishan also has a narrow-gauge railway (which I rode), which it claims to be one of the only three remaining in the world (which I seriously doubt. The Chinese enjoy exaggerating, and the Great Wall isn't the only example.)

• Last visit to A-li-shan: Aug 2006
  • Intro Written Nov 22, 2006

Comments

chewy3326

“Climb the Mountains and get their good tidings -John Muir”

Badges & Stats in A-li-shan

Have you been to A-li-shan?

Latest Activity in A-li-shan