"Taiwan's Historic Town" Lu-kang by chewy3326
Lu-kang Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 70 photos
Lugang (Lukang) (鹿港) is one of the most historic towns in Taiwan. It used to be a major port by the strait of Taiwan, but the harbor silted and today it sits a few miles away from the straits. Because of the dangers of the sea, many sailors and fishermen were deeply religious and prayed often, which led to Lugang's numerous temples. Visitors could spend days wandering Lugang's historic relics and temples, the most famous of which is Tian-hou Temple.
Fuhai Temple (Fuhai Gong) (福海宮) is a beautiful and large temple in Wanggong. This was one of my... more travel advice
A half-hour south from Lugang via route 17, the coastal highway, is Wanggong, a tiny fishing hamlet beside the Strait of... more travel advice
chewy3326's Related Pages
Lu-kang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taiwan's Historic Town"
- "Lu Kung"
- "Old streets of Lukang"
- "Attractions of Lukang"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lu-kang
- 11 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Lu-kang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lu-kang
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 110 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 55 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 40 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Lakes Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 37 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos