"A Rugged Terrain" Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou by chewy3326
Nan-t'ou Travel Guide: 134 reviews and 513 photos
Nantou County is the only landlocked county in Taiwan. It is sparsely populated and has mountains more rugged than any other part of the island. Tens of peaks soar above 3000 meters here, including Yushan, the tallest mountain in Northeast Asia, at the southern border of the county. No where else in Taiwan can you see scenery as alpine and spectacular as Nantou.
Nantou is what lets Taiwan remain Ilha Formosa. Deep, green forests, lush alpine meadows, soaring peaks, jagged crests; Nantou is unique. No visit to Taiwan would be complete without walking the trails of the many nature reserves and two national parks here. However, as more and more locals begin driving, the mountains are slowly becoming crowded. You probably won't be the only person wanting to escape the smoggy cities. Come up for some air, and hike the mountains.
From Tatajia, the road winds downhill towards Alishan, soon reaching the famous Luling Sacred Tree... more travel advice
In the higher mountain areas of Central Taiwan, it is likely you will experience acute mountain sickness (AMS),... more travel advice
chewy3326's Related Pages
Nan-t'ou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nantou County (南投縣)"
- "A Rugged Terrain"
- "Nan-tou (chinese: «n§ë¿¤¥«)"
- "Slychen's Nan-t'ou Page"
- "Nantou County"
- "Rural Taiwan"
- "nantou - famous for the sun moon lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nan-t'ou
- Hotels in Nan-t'ou
- Transportation in Nan-t'ou
- Restaurants in Nan-t'ou
- Warnings and Dangers in Nan-t'ou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nan-t'ou
- 31 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Nan-t'ou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nan-t'ou
Photos in Nan-t'ouSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 110 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 55 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 46 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 40 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Lakes Intro, 37 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 31 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taiwan Intro, 37 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos