"Hoeilaart" Hoeilaart by Chicagokrzy

Hoeilaart Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 23 photos

My best 3 years of my Life

This is probably one of the best places I've lived so far. I first stepped foot on European soil in 1991 when I was one year old and my Dad took us overseas because of work. Being only one I didn't know what to expect. As my Dad has told me, when we arrived in Hoeilaart, he didn't know anything about the culture or language. So he started to look for a place for us to live. He didn't go to far when he found a nice Belgian family by the name Vandervaeren. What one family brought to my life I will never forget. Guy and Crista were like another set of parents and Yuri and Cathy were like brother and sister to me since I didn't have any. In total I lived in Hoeilaart for about 3 years but I go back every 2 years to see my wonderful friends. Well back to the story. My Dad talked to Guy and he said he was building a house next door and he offered to rent it to us and my Dad accepted. I had probably the best 3 years of my life in the small but yet charming town of Hoeilaart. Since my Dad and Mom worked for IBM, he had his office write across the street from our neighborhood. But sadly in 2002 La Hulpe Office was closed down as an IBM office. The most memorable place in Hoeilaart is the pond that was where I would always by frys, and feed the ducks.

• Pros:Everything
  • Cons:NONE
  • In a nutshell:Not an ordinary small town
  • Last visit to Hoeilaart: Jul 2003
  • Intro Written Oct 16, 2004

Comments

Chicagokrzy

“Go with an open mind”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Hoeilaart

Have you been to Hoeilaart?

Latest Activity in Hoeilaart