Rio de Janeiro Packing List Tips by racheljapi Top 5 Page for this destination
Rio de Janeiro What to Pack: 50 reviews and 27 photos
A group of friends at a party
Luggage and bags: Easy to carry bags, nothing to fancy
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Light clothes especially in the summer. Brazilians dress on the casual side so go ahead and leave the tux or gown at home. Oh, and if you have time to shop, leave room. There are great clothes there at a very good price.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: the norm
Photo Equipment: the norm. Always best to bring film from home so you don't have to track it down while there nor pay a tourist price.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: good walking shoes for treks outside the city.
Sunscreen! Unless you are a regular tanner, bring 30 for your first couple of days then go down to 15. Never not wear sunscreen and re-apply often.
Miscellaneous: You can bring any plug in items, ie curling iron. Also, be careful walking around with a laptop in a laptop case. People watch for those and snatch them off your shoulder (in certain areas). If you must bring your laptop and carry it around, put it in a back pack made to carry laptops. It's safer.
More Reviews (86)
- See All Espresso in Rio and/or a Salmon
- See All Visit the chiquita banana lady
- See All Guide to all sports activities in Rio!
- See All Botanical gardens
- See All Traveling to places close to Rio
- See All Shopping in miami
- See All Barra hotels...
- See All Getting to Rio by Plane
- See All General Weather patterns for major...
- See All Best Choppe and German Food
- See All Smoking something illegal on the beach
Been to Rio de Janeiro?Share your travels with the world!
racheljapi's Related Pages
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RIO DE JANEIRO HAS SECRETS"
- "Welcome to the City of God"
- "Rio de Janeiro - Minha casa / My Home"
- "Rio de Janeiro - My favourite place on earth!"
- "RIO DE JANEIRO - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!"
- "Imagining Rio"
- "Rio de Janeiro - a work in progress for a while..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- Transportation in Rio de Janeiro
- Nightlife in Rio de Janeiro
- Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
- Shopping in Rio de Janeiro
- Warnings and Dangers in Rio de Janeiro
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vaccina Hotels
- Soacha Hotels
- Two Rocks Hotels
- Durell Hotels
- Crater Lake National Park
- Kota Tinggi
- State of Madhya Pradesh
Badges & Stats in Rio de Janeiro
- 87 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 155 Forum posts
- 83 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rio de Janeiro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 87 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- San Diego Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galway Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bùzios Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ouro Prêto Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Granada Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Seattle 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Oak Harbor Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (46)
Latest Rio de Janeiro hotel reviews
- Newton's Rooftop
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2012
- Leblon Inn
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 21, 2012
- Astoria Copacabana Hotel
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Mirador Rio Hotel
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza
- 321 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Hotel Marina All Suites
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Tupiniquim Hostel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013
- Che Lagarto Copacabana
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- The Maze Inn
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Imperial Hotel
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Vip's Motel
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Feb 26, 2012
- Hotel Novo Mundo
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 1, 2013
- Everest Rio
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Olinda Othon Classic
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Christ The Redeemer, Corcovado- 156 Reviews, 251 Photos
- Sugar Loaf - Pão de Açucar- 126 Reviews, 223 Photos
- Copacabana- 106 Reviews, 171 Photos
- Ipanema- 64 Reviews, 104 Photos
- Downtown- 46 Reviews, 97 Photos
- Tijuca Forest- 26 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Carnaval- 58 Reviews, 84 Photos
- Maracanã Soccer Stadium- 41 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Santa Teresa- 34 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Botanical Garden- 40 Reviews, 65 Photos
See All Rio de Janeiro Things to Do