"Where I stay" Boon Lay by cucumbre
Boon Lay Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
Boon Lay is located on the west of Singapore, where the east-west train line ends. It is a large residential area consisting of the old Boon Lay estates and the newer town of Jurong West.
A few times per year, the night market, commonly known as Pasar Malam in Malay, is set up on plots of large, open fields here, where foods, clothes, household commodities and entertainment CDs are sold. Occasionally, carnival thrills of the bumper cars, the swinging Viking and the tame roller coaster accompany the bustle of the market.
You never know what's coming at the large fields next to the train station. The Moscow Circus was here and recently, there were performances from Singapore Arts Festival (in June 2005). See photo on the right.
The last thing I want is another cluster of estates rising up the fields.
cucumbre's Related Pages
Boon Lay Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Boon Lay
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Boon Lay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boon Lay
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Pangkor Intro, 23 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Redang Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lumut Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue