"A sleepy town named Lumut" Top 5 Page for this destination Lumut by cucumbre
Lumut Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 213 photos
Lumut is the gateway to Pangkor Island. We arrived there very early in the morning. On alighting at the bus terminal, the first thing that caught my sight was the mountain range behind the town. Lots of vapouring from the trees and fresh air!
At Lumut, the time seemed to slow down significantly. Lingering at Lumut was like a preparatory process to adapt to a Pangkor experience.
The town soon awoke to life bustlingly with shops opening doors and motorists whizzing past the main road around 9am. But this was only for a while during the peak-hour rush for work. The traffic activites faded soon after.
There were only a few modern buildings. Mainly 2-storeys shophouses lining both sides of the road. Hence, we got an unobstructed view of the clear blue sky and the mountainous backdrop on one side and the waterfront on the other.
Since we were heading to Pangkor and the ferry service was scheduled at a later time, there wasn't much we could do but to take our breakfast. We were also hungry! There also seemed to be a number of places to eat at the town. But as we were there only in the morning, we did not get to see them in business.
We decided on Roti Prata with eggs and 'ikan bilis curry' at a 'Nasi Kandar' eatery at the junction of Jalan Sultan Yussuf Izuddin. I ate and watched the occasional cars pass by, immersing myself in a slow paced morning.
- Pros:Slow down and relax
- Cons:Nothing much to see and do
- In a nutshell:Take a slow, deep breath and exhale
An Indian foodstore. It is one of the earliest eateries to open in the morning. Relatively clean. But flies were hoping... more travel advice
cucumbre's Related Pages
Lumut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome To Lumut"
- "Lumut - more than just a hop off point to Pangkor"
- "LUMUT...transit point for Pangkor Island"
- "..relaxing getaway.."
- "A sleepy town named Lumut"
- "Jennifer in Lumut"
- "Lumut and Sitiawan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lumut
- Hotels in Lumut
- Transportation in Lumut
- Nightlife in Lumut
- Restaurants in Lumut
- Shopping in Lumut
- Warnings and Dangers in Lumut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lumut
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lumut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lumut
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Pangkor Intro, 23 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Redang Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lumut Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue