"North Shore" North Shore by lkdahl
North Shore Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 21 photos
The North Shore of Lake Superior runs from Duluth to the Canadian border. Along the way are many small fishing and resort towns. The highlights of any journey up along the North Shore is Split Rock lighthouse, Lutzen ski resort and Grand Marais.
An abundance of outdoor activities are available. With easy access to the Boundry Water Canoe Area(BWCA), the lake, State and National Parks, ski resorts and access to many lakes.
Just off the North Shore is the Boundry Waters Canoe Area(BWCA). Like the name says, it is primarily a canoe area. The encroachment of modern life is highly discouraged. This area contains a large majority of Minnesota 15,000 lakes. Many of which are only accessable of portaging a canoe into them. Very few people live in this area and motorized traffic is all but non-existant.
If you want a true sense of how the indians and trappers of the 18th and 19th centuary lived, than this is your place.
From highway 61 on the North Shore of Lake Superior are some of the best and most scenic off-road trails for mountain... more travel advice
Between Beaver Bay and Litttle Marais are up to 350 foot hight, sheer red rock cliffs to Lake Superior. Beautiful... more travel advice
lkdahl's Related Pages
North Shore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "North Shore"
- "North Shore Vacation"
- "One Of My Favorite Spots On Earth...So Far"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in North Shore
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to North Shore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Shore
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 29 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- El Calafate Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- North Shore Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Hague Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos