"Kuredu" Kuredu by ArianaR

Kuredu Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 43 photos

My thoughts

The Maldives, Kuredu
Hello....I just got back from spending my honeymoon in the Maldives. We were there for two weeks (Sept. 27,2004-Oct. 12, 2004).

I read a lot of reviews about Kuredu before going, and as soon as I stepped foot on the island I knew I had to write my own.

Bad reviews

Reviews that scared me!
Before I tell you all the reasons why I highly recommend spending your time and money on Kuredu, I would just like to address a few things I read before I went myself.

1. Strong sewage smells near the Beach Bungalows.

Having stayed in a Beach Bungalow for 2 weeks, I can tell you that I did notice the smell that several people write about in there reviews. We noticed it at night on our way to dinner. I wouldn't even call it a bad smell, it smelt like well water (strong sulfur smell) nothing that I would even mention or think to complain about.

2. Food in main restaurants being mediocre and I also read that the chicken didn't have much meat and was gristly.

In my opinion, the food was excellent I will elaborate later on.

3.The beach on the North side of the island where the Beach bungalows are is rocky and not as nice as the south side.

Once again I disagree, the beach on the North is rocky but it is still a beautiful view and very private. I woke up every morning to a view of the Indian Ocean, I don't really care how many rocks there are!

4. Nightlife is boring

I suppose that depends on whether you are a boring person or not, I think there is a little something for everyone, we always managed to find things to do.

Reception

Reception
After landing in the Seaplane, I knew I was in paradise. It was amazing, looking out into the ocean I saw three dolphins playing in the distance. As we walked off the jetti and into the resort we were welcomed with drums, a little welcome Kuredu song (which my husband and I still sing) and a cool glass of juice.

The reps got us off to our rooms fairly quickly. We stayed in Beach Bungalow 310, it is about a 10 minute walk from the part of the island where the bars and resturants are (so pack your hand luggage lightly).

• Pros:sun,sand & snorkelling!
  • Cons:None!
  • In a nutshell:It is paradise
  • Last visit to Kuredu: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 6, 2004

• lyncol's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2005 at 7:49 AM

Hi I read your review and enjoyed looking at your photographs we go to Kuredu in Nov 06 ages to wait but I want to glean as much info as I can Thanks once again Lynn

• Siddha3th's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2005 at 10:31 AM

Really nice tips. There seems to be a lot of magic out here :) So long... Siddharth

• Mar 6, 2005 at 5:18 PM

Fantastic pages I booked on Saturday to go in October - soooo excited cannot wait. Good work. Kate

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 5:40 AM

A beautiful spot to spend the holidays.

• Jan 4, 2005 at 4:46 AM

Welcome to VT. Greetings from India. Happy new year . May this year bring you lot of happiness and exciting travels to you .Nice page.

• Dec 20, 2004 at 5:41 AM

Loved the site, I feel like I have been there myself. Plus you are really cute xx

ArianaR

“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. ~Aldous Huxley”

Badges & Stats in Kuredu