"Anoka" Anoka by riotgirlpeeps
Anoka Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 13 photos
This is the town that I presently claim to have as a hometown. It is roughly one half hour north of downtown Minneapolis. Although the "urban sprawl" really continues so although not one complete town it is pretty close.
I have lived in Anoka for four years now and keep finding out more of the history of the area. It has a very funky little downtown area and a riverside walking path which is a nice walk and has some nice views.
In the very near future another multibillion dollar shopping center is going to be built in Ramsey which is just north of Anoka and the light rail is supposed to connect to that area. That project is expected to be completed in 2009.
- Pros:A lot of good bars/pubs with food, riverfront area, easy navigation
- Cons:Lightrail not here yet, and the police station is right on main street
- In a nutshell:Interesting small town that is on the urban edge.
Near the intersection of Main Street & Ferry Street there is a riverfront walkway. I still haven't gone the full length... more travel advice
Formerly the Brickhouse Deli was at this location, it has since moved. There is another deli business with a similar... more travel advice
riotgirlpeeps' Related Pages
Anoka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home. Anoka, Minnesota."
- "Halloween Capitol of the World"
- "Anoka, US"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anoka
- 4 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Anoka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anoka
Top 5 Pages
- Minneapolis Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos
- Williamsport Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Anoka Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Plymouth 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Saint Cloud Intro, 3 reviews