"GALWAY" Top 5 Page for this destination Galway by lina112
Galway Travel Guide: 507 reviews and 927 photos
Second part of my trip to Ireland was on Galway and around it. I walked through its narrows and beautiful street, visited the cathedral, the university, St Nicholas Church and i spent a very good evening on The King´s Head pub. Around Galway there´s many places to visit. The three more important are, The Aran Island, Kylemore Abbey on Connemara and The Cliffs of Moher and Burren.
Galway City is one of the fastest growing cities in Europe and, with a population of approx. 65,000, it has become the third city in the Republic of Ireland after Dublin and Cork. It began as a small fishing village centred around the estuary of the River Corrib, a river traditionally called Abhainn na Gaillimhe (The Galway River) after Galvia, a mythological princess said to have drowned in its waters.
I slept on my friend´s house so i did not use a hotel when I was in Galway. My friend was working in this hotel and she... more travel advice
Last stop of my day trip to Kylemore abbey, Connemara and Leenane was here on Standun located 10 miles west of Galway... more travel advice
lina112's Related Pages
Galway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A walk around Galway"
- "The Far West of Europe"
- "Galway.. City of Tribes"
- "Galway- the big little city"
- "Galway City- My favourite Irish city...so far"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galway
- Hotels in Galway
- Transportation in Galway
- Nightlife in Galway
- Restaurants in Galway
- Shopping in Galway
- Warnings and Dangers in Galway
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Galway
- 21 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Galway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galway
Top 10 Pages
- Scotland Intro, 47 reviews, 153 photos
- London Intro, 61 reviews, 95 photos
- Dublin Intro, 54 reviews, 94 photos
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 105 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 88 photos
- Prague Intro, 50 reviews, 68 photos
- Rome Intro, 47 reviews, 59 photos
- Florence Intro, 27 reviews, 79 photos
- Granada Intro, 36 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Málaga Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue