"The capital of Moravia-Silesian region" Top 5 Page for this destination Ostrava by Zajem

Ostrava Travel Guide: 158 reviews and 302 photos

Ostrava !!!

Welcome to my almost hometown!

Ostrava is the capital of Moravia-Silesian region (Moravskoslezsky kraj) and by its area of 214 km2 this city is the second largest city in the Czech Republic and the third one by the number of the citizens (about 318 000).
Ostrava is a city of museums, festivals, sports. You could find many shops in Ostrava, megastores, many thigs to do like, for example, the wooden church in Ostrava-Hrabuvka or other activities like roller-skating in Komenskeho park and so on.
When you come here by car, train or plane also for another reason, you are welcome here!

If you need my help or something about this city, you can ask me by VT-email.

The weather in Ostrava.

Didn't you find here you need? Have a look and check out good tips of others VT members:

Leipzig, piccolina, eledhwen, NightStar.

In the streets of Ostrava

• Last visit to Ostrava: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated Oct 16, 2011

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2011 at 6:58 AM

Eman, interesting new tip about the heap Emma. Greetings from rainy Germany.

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Hi Zajem, I was just browsing around and spotted your tips about Ostrava. I just thought I'd congratulate you on some useful tips. Now that I've read a bit more about your town I could be tempted to visit! Best wishes, Mike

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Ostrava looks nice! Like the rebuilt wooden church too :)

• Elena77's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Great tips, thanks for sharing. I'm going to visit Ostrava in July '09 and am very much looking forward to this! : )

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 8:02 PM

What a beautiful hotel:-)Cheers, Diana

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2007 at 6:01 AM

I must admit I did only come to Ostrava for the shopping now seeing your tips wished I did more.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Lovely page with good tips ;-)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2007 at 10:42 AM

An interesting page, thanks for sharing !

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2006 at 6:29 AM

Good Day Zajem! We hope you are having a great birthday and a wonderful spring. Best wishes from travelling Canadians!

• Sep 20, 2005 at 12:27 PM

Great photos and tips! Makes me want to go there soon... :)

Zajem Visits Here Frequently!

Zajem

“Virtual Tourist and music connect the nations.”

Badges & Stats in Ostrava

Have you been to Ostrava?